Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-17T19:36:10Z by DaveN
cirserrot
cirserrot
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Copy records from a screen

‏2013-08-06T16:17:15Z |

I am unable to do a "Select all" and paste from clipboard. I can shift+down arrow all the regions or transactions listed then Copy and Paste work just fine. Is there something I need to do to get this to work?

• DaveN
    DaveN
    57 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Copy records from a screen

‏2013-08-16T09:34:29Z  in response to cirserrot

Hi there,

I think what you're asking is why you can select a few rows, copy them, and paste into a spreadsheet or notepad. But when you select all, copy them, and paste into a spreadsheet, it doesn't work?

When you do the select all, do you see warning message CNX0224W in the status bar at the bottom of the screen? Mine says "Only 39/1,641 selected objects available. Pop-up menu actions may be disabled."

If this is the problem you are seeing, the reason is that to ensure a responsive user interface, CICS Explorer doesn't download every record (the impact on your network connection and on your WUI server would be massive!). So CICS Explorer lazily downloads records when you scroll to them.

So to use select all, you'd need to slowly scroll through the records beforehand, to make sure they got loaded from the server.

The thing that makes me not sure that this is the problem you're describing is that you talk about selecting regions. Generally people don't seem to have so many regions that this is an issue!

So - perhaps you could check for the error message and see how many records it is you're having problems selecting. If that doesn't seem to be the problem, could you get back to me with a more step-by-step recreate?

Thanks!

Dave

• cirserrot
      cirserrot
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-17T13:29:32Z  in response to DaveN

I now see the sneaky little message and understand the reason behind it.

Thanks!

Ric

Updated on 2013-08-17T13:30:15Z at 2013-08-17T13:30:15Z by cirserrot
      • DaveN
        DaveN
        57 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-17T19:36:10Z  in response to cirserrot

Glad that clears it up - sorry for the slow response originally!

Dave