Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-09T03:12:38Z by JeanZ
83TT_Krupa_Kuriakose
1 Post

Pinned topic Connecting states in Statecharts to MySQL DB : Rational Rhapsody in C++

‏2013-07-13T15:16:58Z |

Hi,

I am a research student working with IBM Rational Rhapsody UML modelling tool. I would appreciate if  someone could answer few questions related to working with this software. I am modelling a system by showing its behavior in "State Charts". At some point, I want to connect the state in the state chart to a Database (MySQL), which ideally means when the "system enters a state" it has to "connect to the database" and retrieve some data. I am using the C++ version of IBM Rational Rhapsody. Could you please help me out to find a way to do this task?

Thanking you in advance

Updated on 2013-07-13T15:17:52Z at 2013-07-13T15:17:52Z by 83TT_Krupa_Kuriakose
  • JeanZ
    JeanZ
    312 Posts

Re: Connecting states in Statecharts to MySQL DB : Rational Rhapsody in C++

‏2013-08-09T03:12:38Z  

Hi

I think you need to put your code for connecting MySQL in the State [Action on Entry] field.

Double click the State you want to used for DB connection. on [General] tab you can see [Action on entry] area.

You put the code for connection, then after CG, once this state is entered, the connection code would be executed

to perform further operation.

You could create some operations for each specific task, you call the operation name from the State action, make the

whole source logic clear and easy to maintain.

Hope it helps

Regards