Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-23T13:41:17Z by 1XWY_TS_Teh
vindal0012
vindal0012
13 Posts

Pinned topic Can IBM Guardium detect SQL Injection executed from a web application pointing towards a database?

‏2013-08-20T07:53:18Z |

Hi,

I have a quick question regarding IBM Guardium. Let's say we have a web application. To login inside the web application, the user needs to input credentials and these credentials are compared with a database server to authenticate. Let's say that the application is not securely deployed and someone is able to find a weak point in the application. He performs a SQL injection (for example, select * from users where ....) in the login details which should point directly to the database. Will IBM Guardium capture the SQL statement?

I've seen someone perform a SQL injection in the login details of a dummy web application and I was thinking if Guardium can capture that.

• 1XWY_TS_Teh
    1XWY_TS_Teh
    222 Posts

Re: Can IBM Guardium detect SQL Injection executed from a web application pointing towards a database?

‏2013-08-21T12:29:40Z  

Hi, if the particular instance/databases are monitor by Guardium than answer is Yes, Guardium will capture the SQL Statement.

• vindal0012
    vindal0012
    13 Posts

Re: Can IBM Guardium detect SQL Injection executed from a web application pointing towards a database?

‏2013-08-22T01:54:50Z  

Hi, if the particular instance/databases are monitor by Guardium than answer is Yes, Guardium will capture the SQL Statement.

Hi, thanks for your reply, will it also capture the usual information (Client IP/DB User/Source Program) etc..?

• 1XWY_TS_Teh
    1XWY_TS_Teh
    222 Posts

‏2013-08-23T13:41:17Z  

Hi, thanks for your reply, will it also capture the usual information (Client IP/DB User/Source Program) etc..?

Yes, you are right, Guardium will also capture the Client IP, DB Username or OS Username, and Source Program