Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-04-21T22:26:58Z by kennetheld
kennetheld
kennetheld
38 Posts

Pinned topic External Java Calls

‏2014-04-17T14:40:30Z |

My question is, when using the Java External Type to call externally written Java classes where will the package definition start? Will it use the Java Classpath or begin somewhere within the EGL directory structure?  If you use the older code of javalib.store and invoke where do the java classes have to reside to be found?

Thanks ahead for any thoughts and help.

• dan_darnell
    dan_darnell
    973 Posts

Re: External Java Calls

‏2014-04-18T17:06:12Z  

Check out "External Type for Java Code" and "Mapping EGL Primitives to Java" in the RBD/EGL product help. There is some great get-you-started info there.

Dan

• markevans
    markevans
    3025 Posts

‏2014-04-18T18:48:04Z  

Check out "External Type for Java Code" and "Mapping EGL Primitives to Java" in the RBD/EGL product help. There is some great get-you-started info there.

Dan

Dan,

Thanks for answering and providing the pointers.

For those that celebrate it... have a great Easter weekend.

Mark

• kennetheld
    kennetheld
    38 Posts

‏2014-04-21T22:25:59Z  

Dan

Dan,

Thanks so much for the response.  I was able to define things pretty much as you described and it WORKED to perfection, just as I had hoped.  That was a HUGE help and thanks for pointing me toward the primitive data type mapping document.  

• kennetheld
    kennetheld
    38 Posts

‏2014-04-21T22:26:58Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2014-04-18T18:48:04Z

Dan,

Thanks for answering and providing the pointers.

For those that celebrate it... have a great Easter weekend.

Mark

Mark,

Thanks for all your help over time.  The response Dan sent helped me through my latest issue.  Thanks again to you for all your willingness to always be there and help when you can.