Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-26T14:26:37Z by TonyLlopis
BenoitEbner
BenoitEbner
17 Posts

Pinned topic the scan is awfully slow for PL1

‏2013-09-25T19:20:59Z |

the scan is awfully slow.  There are +/- 20000 source/include/bms to scan in a directory with subdirectory.

The scan stop often.  The scan start at 2013/09/24 02:21:14 and scan always at this time

it's essential to permanently follow the progress report to act when there are 2 aespanal.exe both in the process which use 100% CPU and a dmh0731.exe wich disappears a long time

this operating process is normal ans the long time to scan too ?

Updated on 2013-09-25T19:21:13Z at 2013-09-25T19:21:13Z by BenoitEbner
  • TonyLlopis
    TonyLlopis
    59 Posts

Re: the scan is awfully slow for PL1

‏2013-09-26T14:26:37Z  

>> the scan is awfully slow.  There are +/- 20000 source/include/bms to scan in a directory with subdirectory.

I sure hope you are not trying to scan all 20000 members in the directory tree at once and not in a progressive steps way with DB2 runstats/binds in between.   Also, in my humble opinion and experience, in general, scanning directory with contained directory tree, (check box on), is not a good choice, but that is just my thinking.  

>>The scan stop often.  The scan start at 2013/09/24 02:21:14 and scan always at this time

This is a bit confusing to me.   You seem to indicate that the scan stops often, but at the same time I think you are saying it has been running for a long time.    What are the symptoms when it stops ?    Any error messages and or exceptions in the logs ?

>> it's essential to permanently follow the progress report to act when there are 2 aespanal.exe both in the process which use 100% CPU and a dmh0731.exe wich disappears a long time

Ar you sure you are seeing two instances of AESPANAL running at the same time ?    Or something radical has changed in the scanning architecture, or you have managed to force RAA to run two scan processes at the same time, which is not supported.   I do not even see how one could entice RAA to do so.    May be I am missing something.

DMH0731 is the DB2 loader.    It runs when there are results to load.   I do not think you should ever see AESPANAL and DMH0731 running at the same time.    

>> this operating process is normal ans the long time to scan too ?

Scanning time depends on many factors.   Some of them are hardware specs, DB2 tuning, program sizes, copybooks/program, program complexity.. and above all scan approach or methodology.   With the last point I mean progressing through the inventory process in an organized way, just the opposite to throwing it all to RAA at once.   

Since I sense you have installed recently, may be you could summarize the approach you have used in the inventory process, or significant steps you have gone through since you installed up to today.