IC SunsetThe developerWorks Connections platform will be sunset on December 31, 2019. On January 1, 2020, this forum will no longer be available. More details available on our FAQ.
Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2018-08-31T12:52:22Z by ZPrathM
ZPrathM
ZPrathM
16 Posts

Pinned topic Workflow Notification Properties Query

‏2018-08-28T15:42:44Z | isim6.0

Hi Team,

ISIM has OOTB emai notifications which we can find in 

Configure System > Workflow Notification Properties

There are some notifications which can't be disabled .My query is with Compliance Template,Manual Activity Approval Template 

Compliance Template : As per https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/en/SSRMWJ_7.0.1.8/com.ibm.isim.doc/reference/ref/ref_ic_xttl_wkflo.htm

Provides information that an account is not compliant with a provisioning policy .How email gets triggered in this case.because I do not see any email if I have non compliant account  ? 

Manual Activity Approval Template  : This gets created for the approval activity but when this gets executed . if we have approval node which is present in workflow the customized notification which we have in the approval node is sent to the user .so whether that notification overwrites /take precedence over this Manual Activity Approval Template ? and it never gets executed ? 

Note : we do not have escalation participant for the approval activities  .

Please correct me if I am missing anything. 

• Sanjay Sutar
    Sanjay Sutar
    198 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Workflow Notification Properties Query

‏2018-08-30T05:26:17Z  
    • ZPrathM
    • ‏2018-08-29T06:48:21Z

Hi Sanjay,

These are templates and whatever your override in WF should take precedence over default template.

This answers my query with respect to Manual Activity Approval Template because I have observed this behavior with respect to the Approval Activity but what about Compliance Template . policy enforcement I have correct,mark for the services but how & when it invokes this template and send email ? because I have some non compliant accounts but i have not seen email with respect to the Compliance Template.

Please correct me if i m missing anything.

The non-compliance notification is sent when the enforcement action is alert and that too to designated user , mostly service owner as he/she could take appropriate action on the non-compliance. The mail is never sent to account owner. Please consult the service administration topic in ISIM admin guide for more details.

Updated on 2018-08-30T05:26:35Z at 2018-08-30T05:26:35Z by Sanjay Sutar
  • Sanjay Sutar
    Sanjay Sutar
    198 Posts

‏2018-08-28T17:20:39Z  

Please check the policy enforcement action for the service for non compliant account, it will specify what action is taken - alert, mark, correct etc. 

These are templates and whatever your override in WF should take precedence over default template.

• ZPrathM
    ZPrathM
    16 Posts

‏2018-08-29T06:48:21Z  

Please check the policy enforcement action for the service for non compliant account, it will specify what action is taken - alert, mark, correct etc. 

Hi Sanjay,

This answers my query with respect to Manual Activity Approval Template because I have observed this behavior with respect to the Approval Activity but what about Compliance Template . policy enforcement I have correct,mark for the services but how & when it invokes this template and send email ? because I have some non compliant accounts but i have not seen email with respect to the Compliance Template.

• Sanjay Sutar
    Sanjay Sutar
    198 Posts

‏2018-08-30T05:26:17Z  
    • ZPrathM
    • ‏2018-08-29T06:48:21Z

Hi Sanjay,

The non-compliance notification is sent when the enforcement action is alert and that too to designated user , mostly service owner as he/she could take appropriate action on the non-compliance. The mail is never sent to account owner. Please consult the service administration topic in ISIM admin guide for more details.

Updated on 2018-08-30T05:26:35Z at 2018-08-30T05:26:35Z by Sanjay Sutar
  • ZPrathM
    ZPrathM
    16 Posts

‏2018-08-31T12:52:22Z  

Thanks Sanjay. It answers to my query.