Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-16T04:00:35Z by KY0J_Simbu_Selvarasu
Buddy Geek
Buddy Geek
11 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Is it compulsory to use Message sets for data conversions (CSV to XML) in MRM domain in wmb 8

‏2013-08-13T00:42:23Z |

Is it compulsory to use Message sets for data conversions (CSV to XML) in MRM domain in wmb 8

• KY0J_Simbu_Selvarasu
    40 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is it compulsory to use Message sets for data conversions (CSV to XML) in MRM domain in wmb 8

‏2013-08-14T09:15:39Z  in response to Buddy Geek

It is not compulsory but it is recommended to use message set to avoid extra coding,easy mapping,validation. if you are not using message set to define your csv  and xml then it is your responsibility to understand csv and convert to xml. Also you can use DFDL instead of MRM in wmb 8.

• Buddy Geek
      Buddy Geek
      11 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Is it compulsory to use Message sets for data conversions (CSV to XML) in MRM domain in wmb 8

‏2013-08-15T20:26:00Z  in response to KY0J_Simbu_Selvarasu

Thank you for ur response Simbu.  I know we can data transformation is done using either Message Sets or DFDL (CSV to XML, in this case.)

I did using these two. well!  I'm curious enough to know, that can we transform a CSV  to XML using MRM domain n parser but avoiding message sets.

According to my perception, We cannot use MRM if we dont use message sets to transform CSV to XML.

So, i just wanted to be sure if I'm right or is there any other way .

• KY0J_Simbu_Selvarasu
    40 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-16T04:00:35Z  in response to Buddy Geek

You are correct. For MRM, MesageSet is mandatory.