Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-05-21T00:55:12Z by nivanov
fishbone99
fishbone99
3 Posts

Pinned topic iDB2 compatibility_vector

‏2014-05-06T00:33:24Z |

Hi, we are using IDMT to migrate from iSeries (old version) to LUW, we follow some learning curve about characterset, but the problem we're facing now is a difference between datatypes from source to target. We think that is a conversion/translation problem but could not found it yet, could be a DB2_COMPATIBILITY_VECTOR setting? there is a value for iSeries?

Thanks.

• fishbone99
    fishbone99
    3 Posts

Re: iDB2 compatibility_vector

‏2014-05-06T18:54:48Z  

Not really an update,

could I see different datatypes from a driver to another? we're using jt400 to extract and cc4.jar to insert, and with a tool I see a 6 position number while at destination there is an integer ... 

• nivanov
    nivanov
    14 Posts

Re: iDB2 compatibility_vector

‏2014-05-21T00:55:12Z  

Not really an update,

could I see different datatypes from a driver to another? we're using jt400 to extract and cc4.jar to insert, and with a tool I see a 6 position number while at destination there is an integer ... 

The data type mapping implemented in the DB2 JCC driver between Java and SQL can be found in the manual at http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/db2luw/v10r5/topic/com.ibm.db2.luw.apdv.java.doc/src/tpc/imjcc_rjvjdata.html. Check the IBM Toolbox for Java documentation for the appropriate mapping between System i (AS/400) and Java.