Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-08-24T20:32:57Z by HELP400
jtonline
jtonline
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Attempting to use IBM EDGE widget in developerWorks group (help!)

‏2010-08-05T22:30:17Z |
 I've been experimenting with the IBM EDGE Widget and it looks like it would be really useful on a group overview page. I've been using the overview.html blog file upload tip to customise the MDM Developers group but only partially successfully so far...

http://tinyurl.com/mdmgroup

Are there any Javascript/css gurus who can help tidying it up a bit? There are a few things I'm struggling with:

• getting the overall layout to work successfully cross-browser (closest on Firefox so far). I'm aiming for a lotusMenu-ish section, but in a more attention grabbing devloperWorks orange to highlight latest info type content
  • fixing EDGE widget style issues. It doesn't seem to work that well on developerWorks, partly due to some Javascript for loading styles which I've tweaked, but there seem to be more issues, especially on Opera. (Looks fine in the preview on the EDGE editor.)
  • removing the iframe. I did try and create the divs and scripts without an iframe, but was seeing some error about something already being loaded in the console and the page vanished completely.
Just a vague summary, so get in touch if you're interested in helping out. It would be nice to get it to a good enough state to share with anyone else who wants to get an EDGE widget in their group.

Thanks, James
Updated on 2010-08-24T20:32:57Z at 2010-08-24T20:32:57Z by HELP400
  • vskinner
    vskinner
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Attempting to use IBM EDGE widget in developerWorks group (help!)

‏2010-08-09T21:07:17Z  in response to jtonline
     Hey James,
    I haven't found anyone yet who has used the EDGE widget, but if I do I'll let you know.

Thanks!
    • jtonline
      jtonline
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-10T08:15:58Z  in response to vskinner
      Thanks Valerie. I've also been thinking that it would be great to have a new Lotus Connections version of the EDGE widget, rather than using the overview.html iframe. Would be great if you find someone in the developerWorks team who would be interested in making something like that available on developerWorks :)

• bobleah
        bobleah
        7 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-12T12:14:53Z  in response to jtonline
         James... we just upgraded groups with an HTML widget, which may be better suited for the EDGE widget.  Hope this helps....
        • HELP400
          HELP400
          4 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-08-24T20:32:57Z  in response to bobleah
          When I noticed its existence, it seemed an excellent idea ... Thank you. A sample of its capabilities, in the summary/overview page of Recursos AS400 group, after Message Board and Blog widges
          Updated on 2010-08-24T20:32:57Z at 2010-08-24T20:32:57Z by HELP400