• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-08-02T14:50:38Z by RickyHolcomb
Joe Reinwald
Joe Reinwald
14 Posts

Pinned topic Search targets in ISA V4.1

‏2013-05-21T15:44:47Z |

Hello,

In ISA V4.1, I used to be able to use the search target IBM Software Support Documents and select a specific document type such as IBM APARs and then filter by product name and version, e.g., WAS V7. When launched, the search would return all APARs that contained the search string in their title.

This type of search does not seem to be working for me (0 results) any longer. Has anyone else seen similar behavior? Is this a know issue to the ISA developers?

Thanks.

Joe

• RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    400 Posts

Re: Search targets in ISA V4.1

‏2013-05-21T17:00:31Z  

Hello Joe,

In regard to your question on the search results, ibm.com/support and developerWorks have changed their API and we can no longer correctly parse their results. Google has also changed their format and we aren't accurately reading the number of results.

Support Portal has addressed many of the reasons why ISA introduced a search interface and we will not be incorporating future changes into the search component for ISA V4. You will need to go to Support Portal to search support documents where you can get search results from ibm.com/support and developerWorks in a single search.
    Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Regards,
    Ricky Holcomb

• GWBECKER
    GWBECKER
    3 Posts

‏2013-08-02T06:35:02Z  

Hello Joe,

In regard to your question on the search results, ibm.com/support and developerWorks have changed their API and we can no longer correctly parse their results. Google has also changed their format and we aren't accurately reading the number of results.

Support Portal has addressed many of the reasons why ISA introduced a search interface and we will not be incorporating future changes into the search component for ISA V4. You will need to go to Support Portal to search support documents where you can get search results from ibm.com/support and developerWorks in a single search.
    Sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

Best Regards,
    Ricky Holcomb

Hello Ricky,

is the search problem in ISA V5 now fixed? I missed this function many times. It was really helpful and the most valuable part of ISA for me.

Kind Regards

Gerd Becker

• RickyHolcomb
    RickyHolcomb
    400 Posts

‏2013-08-02T14:50:38Z  
    • GWBECKER
    • ‏2013-08-02T06:35:02Z

Hello Ricky,

is the search problem in ISA V5 now fixed? I missed this function many times. It was really helpful and the most valuable part of ISA for me.

Kind Regards

Gerd Becker

Hello Gerd,

There is no manual search function in IBM Support Assistant V5 Beta 3 like there was in V4.  Instead it has been replaced with an Automated Data Analysis feature that will scan your files and look for symptoms automatically in your files.  Global Knowledge Base Matches tab then shows known potential solutions for each symptom.  The Global filter also lets you filter what's shown in all tabs based on criteria you specify.

You may want to look at the short video on the "Overview of the IBM Support Assistant 5.0 Team Server" on YouTube.  It shows a quick overview of the complete process.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Ricky Holcomb