3 replies Latest Post - ‏2015-03-06T17:11:48Z by Sreeharsha_Naik
Sreeharsha_Naik
Sreeharsha_Naik
8 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic DB2 Express C 10.1.2 for windows " expired "

‏2013-05-09T19:44:11Z |

Hello,

I installed the free version of 64 bit DB2 Express C 10.1.2 for windows and was having a lot of fun with it. Creating databases, tables, connecting it to MS Access. But for me this fun and joy did not last long - Today I encountered a strange error code SQL8000N when I tried to start the database manager . I also performed db2licm -l command from C:\Program Files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN> , attached is the screen shot with db2licm -l stating Expiry date : " Expired " and details on SQL8000N I am facing. Well If the copy was free - why did the license expire ? Is there a way to gain a ' free license ' using db2licm -a ? - has any one faced this ?

Best Regards,
Sreeharsha Naik

Attachments

• Sreeharsha_Naik
    Sreeharsha_Naik
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: DB2 Express C 10.1.2 for windows " expired "

‏2013-05-10T08:08:04Z  in response to Sreeharsha_Naik

Ok, I have the resolution - but I do not know why the license expired - May be someone from IBM can answer this question for me.

Here is what I did to get my license back -

1) After some reading I tried to hunt down the .lic ( license file ) in DB2 installation path C:\Program files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN ; there is a hidden folder named .licbkup and your license file resides here with the name lic00000001.lic ( DB2 Express C free version )

2) copied the license file to C:\

3) launched the CLP - administrator window and added the license ; C:\Program files\IBM\SQLLIB\BIN>db2licm -a \lic00000001.lic

I am back in business. I did a db2licm -l and confirmed that my expiry date is " permanent "

Refer the attachment for more details, happy exploring !!