Topic
  • 14 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-28T01:56:38Z by kanaha
TanJiawei
TanJiawei
1 Post

Pinned topic Question about Mobile Apps

‏2013-10-21T11:36:15Z |

Hi everyone, I'm creating this post for the purpose of sharing out question that we all faced.. Feel free to drop by.

• kanaha
    kanaha
    12 Posts

Re: Question about Mobile Apps

‏2013-10-23T00:41:54Z  

Hi,

Can i know if IBM will provide server space for the sql connection. Do we have a temporary allocation for the purpose of this project?

• EQYV_Kuan_Chuen_Tan
    EQYV_Kuan_Chuen_Tan
    16 Posts

‏2013-10-23T02:05:32Z  
    • kanaha
    • ‏2013-10-23T00:41:54Z

Hi,

Can i know if IBM will provide server space for the sql connection. Do we have a temporary allocation for the purpose of this project?

Dear Kanaha,

In light of the tight deadlines, we will not be providing server space. Hence the app will be a 'mock' app.

• Amirrul
    Amirrul
    2 Posts

‏2013-10-23T11:57:10Z  

What do you mean by 'mock' apps?

• kanaha
    kanaha
    12 Posts

‏2013-10-24T00:17:38Z  

Dear Kanaha,

In light of the tight deadlines, we will not be providing server space. Hence the app will be a 'mock' app.

Noted with thanks

• ajlir
    ajlir
    4 Posts

‏2013-10-24T08:19:55Z  
    • Amirrul
    • ‏2013-10-23T11:57:10Z

What do you mean by 'mock' apps?

It means prototype applications.

• ajlir
    ajlir
    4 Posts

‏2013-10-27T03:52:04Z  

How to test PHP codes in Worklight?

• syahrul.aiman
    syahrul.aiman
    7 Posts

‏2013-10-28T00:37:53Z  
    • ajlir
    • ‏2013-10-27T03:52:04Z

How to test PHP codes in Worklight?

Hi Ryan,

Worklight uses HTML5, CSS and Javascript. Unless you're referring to PHP that you coded on the server, and trying to view it on Worklight app. If that's the case, depending on how you would like to grab the info. It's either AJAX (which can be done using jquery) or perhaps iFrame.

Probably, you can explain more on what do you mean by testing PHP codes in worklight. Examples perhaps?

• ajlir
    ajlir
    4 Posts

‏2013-10-28T01:11:25Z  

Hi Ryan,

Worklight uses HTML5, CSS and Javascript. Unless you're referring to PHP that you coded on the server, and trying to view it on Worklight app. If that's the case, depending on how you would like to grab the info. It's either AJAX (which can be done using jquery) or perhaps iFrame.

Probably, you can explain more on what do you mean by testing PHP codes in worklight. Examples perhaps?

Thanks for the reply.

But we're not going to use PHP anymore. So, I apologise for bringing it up because initially we're trying to use PHP. Later on, we switched it to Javascript.

On examples, I'm looking at w3schools PHP website. They have examples there (Yes. I'm not reading what they wrote on the site and have a bad habit of 'too long, didn't read' attitude).

Again. Thanks for the reply.

• kanaha
    kanaha
    12 Posts

‏2013-10-28T01:13:07Z  

Hi Ryan,

Do you provide, zip file of the installation as we faces trouble very often in the setup file. Installation takes time and if we have the compressed version may help many. Everytime some fault in the application the installation need to be done again...

Regards,

Kanaha

• syahrul.aiman
    syahrul.aiman
    7 Posts

‏2013-10-28T01:35:59Z  
    • kanaha
    • ‏2013-10-28T01:13:07Z

Do you provide, zip file of the installation as we faces trouble very often in the setup file. Installation takes time and if we have the compressed version may help many. Everytime some fault in the application the installation need to be done again...

Regards,

Kanaha

Hi Kanaha,

you can download it from this link:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mobile/worklight/download/install.html

Read under the (Alternative) Installation from a local Eclipse archive file (.zip format) tab. There should be a link to download  called iws_update_site_wde.6.0.0.1.zip. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm allowed to paste the full link here.

• kanaha
    kanaha
    12 Posts

‏2013-10-28T01:48:05Z  

Hi Kanaha,

you can download it from this link:
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/mobile/worklight/download/install.html

Read under the (Alternative) Installation from a local Eclipse archive file (.zip format) tab. There should be a link to download  called iws_update_site_wde.6.0.0.1.zip. Unfortunately, I don't think I'm allowed to paste the full link here.

Thanks... looks like there isnt any offline installation... 

Thanks again.

• syahrul.aiman
    syahrul.aiman
    7 Posts

‏2013-10-28T01:51:54Z  
    • kanaha
    • ‏2013-10-28T01:48:05Z

Thanks... looks like there isnt any offline installation... 

Thanks again.

Hi Kanaha,

The zip file mentioned is for offline installation. However, you have to download it first, then distribute it for installation.

Or, do you mean zip file inside CD or USB?

• kanaha
    kanaha
    12 Posts

‏2013-10-28T01:55:13Z  

Hi Kanaha,

The zip file mentioned is for offline installation. However, you have to download it first, then distribute it for installation.

Actually i mean a zip file containing the resources and plugins needed for development

• kanaha
    kanaha
    12 Posts

‏2013-10-28T01:56:38Z  

Hi Kanaha,

Its k sir.. we are managing well. Thanks again