• 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-12-29T17:54:10Z by SASHULL
QuocHG
QuocHG
55 Posts

Pinned topic help!!! Grant Permission On Sccd

‏2013-10-22T03:42:15Z |
Hi all.

I have a question to need everybody help me.

I has create group user is "CallCenter" and add Users CRS into new Group.

When choose "Run Report" button in Service Request application it don't show list report. (callcenter.jpg)

beside it ,. I login by user Maxadmin and i work the same and then click Run report in SR it show all report in system.(maxadmin.jpg)

I want the question how to grant permissions on SR application show all report as maxadmin .

I attachment 2 file image. 

Thanks all.
  • rvivian
    rvivian
    2 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: help!!! Grant Permission On Sccd

‏2013-10-22T08:22:55Z  

Hi QuocHG,

you must go to Report Administration application and for each of your reports (SR report) you must add the new security group to security tab under "report level security". Users must log out and then login.

Hope this help.

R.

• rvivian
    rvivian
    2 Posts

‏2013-10-22T08:22:55Z  

Hi QuocHG,

you must go to Report Administration application and for each of your reports (SR report) you must add the new security group to security tab under "report level security". Users must log out and then login.

Hope this help.

R.

• QuocHG
    QuocHG
    55 Posts

‏2013-10-24T03:14:39Z  
    • rvivian
    • ‏2013-10-22T08:22:55Z

Hi QuocHG,

Hope this help.

R.

Thank you. The issue has resolve

• MarkMpasa(T-Voli)
    MarkMpasa(T-Voli)
    1 Post

‏2014-11-30T06:17:16Z  

Hello. I was just looking for a better way of "granting permission" for reports. If this is the only way, then we need to request some updates. It seems that Maximo has a better way of doing it, which should be adopted by SCCD. If you have 100s of reports to "grant" to multiple users from different groups, then it is quite tedious. It would be better if a group of reports or a selection of reports can be granted to one or a number of people, or to one or multiple groups.

Thanks.

• Marcos.adramos
    Marcos.adramos
    4 Posts

‏2014-12-29T12:00:26Z  

Hello!

How to grant permissions on applications to show "newuser" in maxadmin .???

Tks a lot

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    302 Posts

‏2014-12-29T17:53:04Z  

Hello. I was just looking for a better way of "granting permission" for reports. If this is the only way, then we need to request some updates. It seems that Maximo has a better way of doing it, which should be adopted by SCCD. If you have 100s of reports to "grant" to multiple users from different groups, then it is quite tedious. It would be better if a group of reports or a selection of reports can be granted to one or a number of people, or to one or multiple groups.

Thanks.

Rvivian lists one way of managing report security but it is definitively not the only way (in fact, few companies that I know use that approach for most reports). You also have the option to grant all report access to a group and it will grant them the ability to run all BIRT, Cognos, etc. reports in all applications where they have the Run Reports security option (you can also do this for particular applications if you don't want to do it across the board). It's managed in Report Administration but instead of granting access inside of a particular report you use the "Set All Application Security" action and choose your security group and the types of reports you want them to have the ability to run.

The problem with this approach is if you want a particular report (such as some sort of confidential financial report) to only be executed by certain users then for the application where that report exists you do NOT want to use this functionality as the app level security would enable them to run the report without any restrictions.

• SASHULL
    SASHULL
    302 Posts

‏2014-12-29T17:54:10Z  

Hello!

How to grant permissions on applications to show "newuser" in maxadmin .???

Tks a lot

I'm not sure what your request is Marcos. Can you clarify what you mean by show "newuser"? Are you asking how to give maxadmin the ability to create new users? Because out of the box it should have that permission.