In RBD 22.214.171.124 we have the same problem on several workstations - the "building workspace" is very often doing a full rebuild of all the EGL code, if we make a change in any single EGL source file.
I would like to have some hint about criteria for doing the full build - to understand what is wrong in the setup.
Is the full rebuild related to:
- lack of memory ? we have 3 GB memory, and it looks as there is alot of free memory
- Windows environment ? We use Windows 2003 Server as development environment
- Virtual machines ? We use VMWare virtual machines
- RBD startup parameters ? We have default setup from installation
- too many changes in local history ? if we cleanup the local history (deleting the .metadata/..../.history folder) if seems to disppear for some days
- too many open projects ? We have 15 projects open - both TUI and web projects. We have tried to close some of the projects but seems with no luck
We have also tried to make a "clean workspace" build, but it seem to have no effect.
As this full rebuild takes about 1 hour, and is repeated as soon as we close down and re-open RBD - it's rather frustrating.
Please hints for this problem - thanks alot.
Morten Hansen, IBM Denmark