2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-23T16:40:55Z by amsterdam1234
amsterdam1234
amsterdam1234
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Find my EXP3500 firmware version

‏2013-05-16T16:23:05Z |

Hi all,

I connected an EXP3500 unti to an existing DS3500 array.  StorageManager reports a firmware mismatch between the DS and EXP.  Since I've had the DS unit for two years now, the new EXP unit probably has newer firmware on its ESMs.  I can upgrade the firmware on the main DS unit by going through StorageManager, but I'd like to know what firmware version my EXP unit has first, so I know that the versions match.

How do I know the firmware update for my DS3500 isn't newer than the version on my EXP unit?  Seems like I need to access the EXP directly first and update it, if needed.  However, I can't seem to do that.  StorageManager only sees the EXP unit just to report its firmware doesn't match, and doesn't give my any further information.

Any advice or recommendations?

Thanks in advance,

...adam

• Novikov_Alexander
    Novikov_Alexander
    1398 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Find my EXP3500 firmware version

‏2013-05-23T05:06:27Z  in response to amsterdam1234

Dear  Adam,

lets check DS Support Data of your DS3500.

Regards,
    Alexander Novikov
    Russia, Moscow

• amsterdam1234
      amsterdam1234
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Find my EXP3500 firmware version

‏2013-05-23T16:40:55Z  in response to Novikov_Alexander

Thanks for the response, Alex.  Turns out it didn't matter.  The process was first to update the firmware of the main unit's controllers, which first involved updating StorageManager, then, Storage manager was able to see the ESM even though it had a firmware mismatch.  I was then able to upgrade the firmware on the ESM and all is well.

The last remaining step is to upgrade the hard drive firmware, since the drives in the ESM are a year or so newer than the ones in the main unit, but I'll save that for the next scheduled maintenance window.

...adam