Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-04-23T07:58:42Z by Alessandro.Damiani
Alessandro.Damiani
Alessandro.Damiani
59 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic [ICN 2.0.1] - Disabling drag&drop functionalities

‏2013-04-17T15:35:06Z |

Hi,

is it possible to disable the Drag&Drop functionalities in ICN?

I haven't found an appropriate configuration option in the administration section of ICN...

Thanks in advance!

Alessandro

• damorris
    damorris
    770 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: [ICN 2.0.1] - Disabling drag&drop functionalities

‏2013-04-22T15:03:39Z  in response to Alessandro.Damiani

There isn't a configuration option for this.  You'd have to disable it programmatically.

• Alessandro.Damiani
      Alessandro.Damiani
      59 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-22T15:14:19Z  in response to damorris

Thank you Dana,

is this sort of thing documented anywhere?

I haven't yet come across code samples or JSON objects that contained methods or parameters related to d&d...

• damorris
        damorris
        770 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-22T16:10:01Z  in response to Alessandro.Damiani

I haven't had time to go over the documentation.  Generally the ContentList handles all of these things via modules.  You should be able to override the modules that are loaded in your plugin.  If you want to see the modules that are there by default, take a look at the following in your deployed application.

ecm/widget/listView - this is the ICN ContentList implementation

ecm/widget/listView/gridModules - this is where all of the DND modules are located

• Alessandro.Damiani
          Alessandro.Damiani
          59 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-22T16:19:12Z  in response to damorris

Thanks, Dana, I will look into overriding modules and see if it is more or less complicated than building a security model for this specific solution that will prevent the user from moving stuff into wrong places, even if we leave d&d enabled...

• damorris
            damorris
            770 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-22T16:25:11Z  in response to Alessandro.Damiani

DND already prevents the user from moving files in to places based on the repository security.  If you try to drag a file to a folder to which you do not have write permissions, it will show you an icon that prevents it and not allow the operation.

• Alessandro.Damiani
              Alessandro.Damiani
              59 Posts
              ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-04-23T07:58:42Z  in response to damorris

Yup, I have noticed D&D relies on the security model for filtering allowed actions, but we have a slightly more complex model, where the user can create folders and documents at certain levels of the folder hierarchy, but only by using programmatic functionalities plugged into ICN. The user is not supposed to move, or even copy, documents and folders "by hand" even into those same spots where security should allow him to. Using a "technical" user for performing programmatic tasks is not acceptable in this solution, that's why it would be easier to just switch off D&D (just as we removed all the Add Document/Add Folder buttons from the interface)...