Topic
5 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-15T02:47:49Z by F7QD_Nicolas_Echavarria
joynadal
joynadal
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to assign a correct ipaddress for IBM Virtual Pattern Kit for Developers

‏2013-08-29T01:57:58Z |

I had install VMWare ESxi 5.1, and i set an ipaddress 192.168.152.138 for it.  I created a virtual machine by vSphere Client, this virtual machine power on successfully. but i don't know how to assign a correct ipaddress ,dns and ntp, is anybody can help me? Thanks.

• Vipin_Sakhare
    Vipin_Sakhare
    12 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to assign a correct ipaddress for IBM Virtual Pattern Kit for Developers

‏2013-08-29T07:45:53Z  in response to joynadal

Hi,

Cannot co-relate between subject and the content of this post.

Please clarify.

Thanks

• joynadal
      joynadal
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to assign a correct ipaddress for IBM Virtual Pattern Kit for Developers

‏2013-08-29T10:34:13Z  in response to Vipin_Sakhare

I want to install IBM Virtual Pattern Kit for Developers,  and i had download those files from http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/puresystems/try.html.

IN my VMWare vSphere client,  I select the virtual machine i created before.On the Getting Started tab, click Power On. After the virtual machine is started, click the Console tab and wait for the virtual machine start process to complete. At the console prompt, log on. Use User name:cbadmin and Password:cbadmin. After finish the above steps, I need to confirgue the network, which makes me confused . I set an ipaddress use command "netif set eth0 enabled=true IPAddress=X.X.X.X/Y DefaultGateway=X.X.X.X" , but it's useless, in firefox, enter https://X.X.X.X, displays an empty page.

• binnes
        binnes
        21 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-02T12:16:03Z  in response to joynadal

Hello,

The first time you start the virtual machine it does a lot of configuration and setup work, which can take 20-30 minutes, depending on the speed of your VMWare host system.  You need to be patient and allow this process to complete before trying to access the browser UI - Note: if you stop and restart the VM during this setup period you may not be able to recover the image - just need to be patient, as specified in the startup guide.  

This startup processing only happens during the very first time running the VM.

You can verify the IP address of your VPDK instance is by using the following command on the console:

netif status

Hope this helps

• joynadal
          joynadal
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-03T06:56:39Z  in response to binnes

Thank you for your help. I created a new virtual machine, and start it ,but the console screen always be one status like console.jpg in the following attachment, and this status has been going on for more than 2 hour. During this time ,my ESXi 5 occur several Connection Failure like error.jpg in the following attachment. I wonder if this error is causing the fail of starting the virtual machine.

Attachments

• F7QD_Nicolas_Echavarria
            19 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-15T02:47:49Z  in response to joynadal

Zhaohui,

My suggestion is that you create or use a DNS server system in the same LAN as the VPKFD. Define static IPs for your hypervisors (the one running the VPKFD and another one where you are going to deploy the patterns) and have a DHCP pool in the DHCP server that assigns IPs dinamically to the machines that will be members of the deployed patterns.

Once you have your network setup correctly you can move foward with the configuration steps detailed in the guide.

Best,