Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-11-21T07:32:57Z by BancaPassadoreC.
BancaPassadoreC.
BancaPassadoreC.
16 Posts

Pinned topic EGLSDK generation

‏2013-11-20T14:37:10Z |
hi all,
i tried to generate and compile java code using EGL SDK . For most of programs all works fine; I saw the first problems when I tried to generate an EGL program that uses a BasicHandler (to create a text report). The program ise generated, but the build process failed.

The build process failed because it didn't found java class of the handler. It's normal?
There are some restrictions for the java generation with egl programs that uses handlers? 

I attached the complete log of generation process.

The following, instead, is the generation command:

java EGLSDK generate -generateFile %FILETOGENERATE% -eglpath %EGLPATH% -buildDescriptorFile %BDFILE% -buildDescriptorName %BDNAME% -genDirectory %GENDIR%

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• markevans
    markevans
    2843 Posts

Re: EGLSDK generation

‏2013-11-20T19:06:13Z  

Hi,

When I looked at your log, I do not see where you requested the handler to be generated.  In order for the compiles to complete successfully, that class will need to be in the CLASSPATH...otherwise, the compiler cannot resolve it.

When you generate within the IDE, all of the classes from a project are automatically part of the CLASSPATH. 

As I understand things, when the javac is running as part of EGLSDK, then the CLASSPATH would be the files under the folders in the genDirectory (output folder) and other directory/jars in the system CLASSPATH that existed prior to you invoking EGLSDK.

Have you tried generating the Handler prior to generating these programs.

Final thought...you may have to use EGLCMD which uses a headless workspace instead of a file system like EGLSDK does.   This might help as well, but look at how the CLASSPATH is being accessed first.  

• BancaPassadoreC.
    BancaPassadoreC.
    16 Posts

Re: EGLSDK generation

‏2013-11-21T07:32:57Z  
    • markevans
    • ‏2013-11-20T19:06:13Z

Hi,

When I looked at your log, I do not see where you requested the handler to be generated.  In order for the compiles to complete successfully, that class will need to be in the CLASSPATH...otherwise, the compiler cannot resolve it.

When you generate within the IDE, all of the classes from a project are automatically part of the CLASSPATH. 

As I understand things, when the javac is running as part of EGLSDK, then the CLASSPATH would be the files under the folders in the genDirectory (output folder) and other directory/jars in the system CLASSPATH that existed prior to you invoking EGLSDK.

Have you tried generating the Handler prior to generating these programs.

Final thought...you may have to use EGLCMD which uses a headless workspace instead of a file system like EGLSDK does.   This might help as well, but look at how the CLASSPATH is being accessed first.  

Hi Mark,
    thanks for your suggestions.

I generated handlers before the programs, but I forgot to add generation directory to the classpath variable.

Probably this solves the problem.

Thank you very much!