• 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-02-10T09:19:39Z by zhd87
zhd87
zhd87
2 Posts

Pinned topic How to describe my model with OPL

‏2014-02-05T11:47:10Z |

Hi there,

I am sorry that as a beginner, I cannot work out my model now...

That is, to search the path with minimise hops in network flow model for each pair of request(with origin and destination nodes, and a flow request).

Assumptions

1. For the request, there are three different kinds of date rates, 10Gbps, 40Gbps, 100Gbps. And each request possesses one date rates with a pair of (origin node, destination node)

2. For each arc in the network, it can accommodate, let's say, 10 volume of 100Gbps, 10 volume of 40Gbps, 20 volume of 10Gbps.

3. For each request, two paths, one for working, one for backup should be established, and they should be disjointed.

an example is shown as follows.

the constraints are:

1. for each origin node, the output flow should be two times of the request.

2. for the destination nodes, the input flow should be two times of the request.

3. for other nodes in the midside, the input and output flow shoule be of the same value.

4. for each request, there should be two paths, one for working and one for bachup. 

5. for one request, the working and backup paths should be disjointed, which can be expressed as: there are no arcs both working as working and backup paths.

So what should I do to define the request information and resources of the network?

Hope you can give me some advises on the definitions of my REQUEST and NETWORK RESOURCES!

Actually I don't know how to do it...\

I think things will be esay if I can define the two parts correctly.

Your kindly advised will be appreciated!

Thank you very much!

• DanielJunglas
    DanielJunglas
    117 Posts

Re: How to describe my model with OPL

‏2014-02-10T09:10:22Z  

The distribution has a "Netflow" example that illustrates how to model a network flow problem. Maybe this can help you? Maybe also take a look at the "Trucking" and "Deploy" examples which uses some sort of flow formulation as well.

Your question being related only to modeling with OPL you may also find better answers on the OPL Forum.

• zhd87
    zhd87
    2 Posts

Re: How to describe my model with OPL

‏2014-02-10T09:19:39Z  

The distribution has a "Netflow" example that illustrates how to model a network flow problem. Maybe this can help you? Maybe also take a look at the "Trucking" and "Deploy" examples which uses some sort of flow formulation as well.

Your question being related only to modeling with OPL you may also find better answers on the OPL Forum.

Thank you so much for so many kindly advises, Daniel!

I will try it!

And sorry that as a beginner, I've made so many mistakes!

I am reading the user's manuals and OPL language reference manuals these days.

Hope I can master it quickly and focus on my research but not the tool soon.

Thank you!