The AIX 7.2 Beta is now available for partners and selected customers. As always with AIX, Binary Compatibility continues with the AIX 7.2 release, so if your applications run on AIX 6.1 or 7.1, they'll also run on AIX 7.2. For more on Binary Compatibility, go here.
You can access the Beta in one of several ways:
In house via Early Ship Program (ESP) access.(02/12/2016-This is now closed, and GA (General Availability) release is available)
Note: To participate through the ESP, you will need an activation key. To obtain a key, fill out the form.
Power Development Cloud.
(available soon)The Power Development Cloud AIX 7.2 Image has now been upgraded to the GA (General Availability) level.
- IBM Innovation Center.(available based on request)
At a glance, the AIX 7.2 release includes the following new function:
• AIX Live Update for Interim Fixes.
• Cluster Aware AIX (CAA) automation with repository replacement mechanism.
• SRIOV-backed Virtual Network Interface Card (VNIC).
• RDSv3 over RoCE adds support of the Oracle RDSv3 protocol over the
Mellanox Connect RoCE adapters.
• CAPI (Coherently Accelerator Processor Interface) infrastructure and support
for CAPI attached flash storage.
• Flash caching. Workloads can take advantage of a read-only cache.
We look forward to your participation and feedback!
Additional Information (September 17, 2015):
- AIX 7.2 only supports POWER7, and POWER8 Systems
- Except for several specific features, AIX 7.2 is compatible with all levels of firmware and VIOS that are supported on POWER7 & POWER8 Systems
- The Power Development Cloud is now available for Beta Testing.