Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-05-17T13:43:18Z by smithha
roseeee
roseeee
1 Post
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic steps to create a shell script to execute all the executables in IA

‏2013-05-16T13:57:59Z |

I am a begineer to shell scripting so

can any one explain how to write a shell script code to execute all the executables including the data rule and rule set of a given project in IA 8.5

Currently I  have created an xml which contains all the data rules of the project so i want to execute this using shell script . I have executed this using the batch file but how to attain the same using shell sripting

I wanted to know the exact code to be given so as to execute this  with an example....

This is what i think i must write. Is this correct

#!/bin/sh
taskName= multiple_rule_rs.xml
uname=igghgf
pwd=abc
host=192.168.168.345
port=9080

iaadmin -user $uname-password $pwd-host  $host-port $port -xml -runTasks -content C:\$taskName

• smithha
    smithha
    141 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: steps to create a shell script to execute all the executables in IA

‏2013-05-17T13:43:18Z  in response to roseeee

While I'm not going to be able to comment particularly on shell scripting, the command line that you want to invoke is: 

iaadmin -user $uname -password $pwd -host $host -port $port -runTasks -content C:\$taskName

- leave out the -xml option as that is for directing output when you retrieve data and is not needed for running tasks

- make sure you include a space between your $uname input and the -password parameter as well as between $pwd and -host and $host and -port

Harald