Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-06-25T17:25:21Z by DanielWagemann
TheBrenda
TheBrenda
70 Posts

Pinned topic Set Prompt values for testing Report Studio report

‏2013-06-25T15:39:46Z |

I have a Report Studio report that has a prompt page with 4 combos. I am getting tired of having to select each of the 4 each time I make any change. Thought that I could use Report Properties, Set Properties -> Report -> Prompt Values to default values and No Prompt. but I cannot get this to work while I have the report open for edit. Any ideas?

thanks

Updated on 2013-06-25T17:36:11Z at 2013-06-25T17:36:11Z by TheBrenda
  • DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Set Prompt values for testing Report Studio report

‏2013-06-25T15:53:59Z  

If you validate the report specification within Report Studio and fill in the prompts, the prompts will be pre-selected for each subsequent run from the Report Studio toolbar run item. 

• DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-06-25T15:53:59Z  

If you validate the report specification within Report Studio and fill in the prompts, the prompts will be pre-selected for each subsequent run from the Report Studio toolbar run item. 

• TheBrenda
    TheBrenda
    70 Posts

‏2013-06-25T17:15:55Z  

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

The only drag is that my combos show a descriptive name and the validation wants me to enter the code value. So I have to do a code lookup to enter the code. But that is a small one time price to pay instead of having to enter the prompt values everytime. Thanks again.

• DanielWagemann
    DanielWagemann
    850 Posts

‏2013-06-25T17:25:21Z  
    • TheBrenda
    • ‏2013-06-25T17:15:55Z

Worked like a charm. Thanks.

The only drag is that my combos show a descriptive name and the validation wants me to enter the code value. So I have to do a code lookup to enter the code. But that is a small one time price to pay instead of having to enter the prompt values everytime. Thanks again.

No worries, glad I could help.