Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-07-10T08:09:02Z by GSEL
CBS3_Ian_Wilson
CBS3_Ian_Wilson
15 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Changing a P8 User password (not an Admin password)

‏2013-06-25T09:54:05Z |

There are plenty of posts / articles on the pitfalls and procedures of changing System User / Bootstrap / Directory service passwords. But I'm interested in how we allow our end-users to change their own FileNet login password. We get requests all the time for this, and it seems to be a feature that is present on a lot of non-FileNet software, so it doesn't seem unreasonable for a User to expect to be able to do this themselves.

Presently, our Users have to forward a request to us to change it, and we do it for them and send them the new password.

I'm looking to introduce a self-service password change. Obviously, there is no way to do this in FileNet, so it seems we'll need a bespoke component of some kind that fulfils it (we use an Active Directory).

So I was just wondering what solutions people use for this?

• Sunorth
    Sunorth
    16 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Changing a P8 User password (not an Admin password)

‏2013-07-04T21:26:57Z  in response to CBS3_Ian_Wilson

As I know, no function to change password in P8. Actually all users are in LDAP server, so you can use any LDAP tool to do that.

• justsayin
    justsayin
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-09T19:50:36Z  in response to CBS3_Ian_Wilson

This is exactly the reason Filenet P8 does NOT manage userid or pwd on the system so that you won't have to perform this password change on multiple system(PROD, DEV, QA, etc).  Your end-user should be able to change the password when login into network.  Once the password is changed, give it couple of minutes for AD to propagate the change.  Hope this helps!

• GSEL
    GSEL
    1 Post
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-07-10T08:09:02Z  in response to CBS3_Ian_Wilson

If you change the Bootstrap-User Password you have to redeploy FileNetEngine

Updated on 2013-07-10T08:09:41Z at 2013-07-10T08:09:41Z by GSEL