Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-08-22T17:55:02Z by cstoneba
RANDALLG
RANDALLG
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Automatic Group - SQL Cluster

‏2013-08-20T21:05:19Z |

I need help creating an Automatic group  that will pull all of the nodes of a SQL Cluster.  I have seen some stuff where people are using PowerShell to failover the cluster in a fixlet, I just need to identify them (for later use in reports / analytics / etc.

• cstoneba
    cstoneba
    64 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Automatic Group - SQL Cluster

‏2013-08-22T17:27:54Z  in response to RANDALLG

here's some relevance I use that is pretty helpful:

PhysicalNodes:  substrings after "=" of (selects "Name from MSCluster_Node" of wmi "root\mscluster" as string)

LogicalResources: if (name of operating system contains "Win2003") then ((value "Name" of it as string) of it whose (exists value "Name" of it AND exists value "RequireDNS" of it) of (it;keys of it; keys of keys of it; keys of keys of keys of it) of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Cluster\Resources" of registry) else if (name of operating system contains "Win2008") then ((value "DnsName" of it as string) of it whose (exists value "DnsName" of it) of (it;keys of it; keys of keys of it; keys of keys of keys of it) of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Cluster\Resources" of registry) else "OS Not Supported"+

ClusterResourceName:  if (exists key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Cluster" of registry) then (value "ClusterName" of key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Cluster" of native registry as string) else ""

Updated on 2013-08-22T17:28:09Z at 2013-08-22T17:28:09Z by cstoneba
    • RANDALLG
      RANDALLG
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-22T17:38:36Z  in response to cstoneba

Thank you.  I will give it a try.  I am sort of new to this, so do I copy and paste the entire block or everything after PhysicalNodes: / LogicalResources / ClusterResourceName:  ?  The way it is written, I am thinking the entire block.

Thanks,

• cstoneba
        cstoneba
        64 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-22T17:55:02Z  in response to RANDALLG

if you want to retreive the resepctive values for each property list above, you could create a new analysis and on the Properties tab, create 3 new properites, each having their own relevance from above.