We want to create cluster between two controller enclosures Following are the details of controllers enclosures , Expansion enclosures & Hard drives.
Existing V7000 Storage Details
Controller Enclosure P/N: 2076-324
1 Expansion enclosure P/N: 2076-212
Hard disks: 600 GB SAS 23 no's
3TB NL SAS. 11 Nos.
New V7000 Storage Details
Controller Enclosure P/N 2076-312
2 Expansion enclosure P/N 2076-212
Hard disks: 4TB NL SAS. 24 No's
Also there are some more queries.
1) As per IBM information Centre New Controller enclosure should not initialize for adding it to the cluster. If the controller enclosure firmware is different how it can be added to the cluster?
2) Which are the FC ports to be zoned for clustering?
3) How we can update the firmware without initializing the storage?
4) If we can have some procedures on how new enclosures can be added to the clustered system? We tried Redbooks, which doesn't have detailed information.
5) In this scenario Hard disks capacity of new storage and existing storage is different