Topic
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2014-08-27T16:48:20Z by DaveBristow
DaveBristow
DaveBristow
3 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Missing Data and Services drawer from the JSF Palette

‏2014-07-28T18:38:03Z |

I jsut installed RSA4WS 9.1 and am trying to build an app using JPA and JSF.  I'm following the two part article "Rapid JPA development with Rational ApplicationDeveloper 8.5.x: Rapidly build web apps with RationalApplication Developer's JPA Manager Beans" and in the second article it shows how to add the data elements to the JSF by dragging the JPA Data Widget onto your JSF page. However, I don't see the Data and Services drawer in the palette. Is there a setting somewhere to casue this to be displayed?

• kksingh
    kksingh
    32 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Missing Data and Services drawer from the JSF Palette

‏2014-07-31T17:19:28Z  in response to DaveBristow

Hi Dave,

I think this feature is removed in 9.x

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27038549

Regards,

• DaveBristow
      DaveBristow
      3 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-02T13:41:34Z  in response to kksingh

Hmmm you do seem to be correct, so is there a tutorial on how toget data onto your page using what's in 9.x, obviously tehre's been a fair amount written on 8 using thedata view/widget.  BUT!

If I go to the product document site http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v9/index.jsp I find that in the directory

IBM Rational Application Developer Version 9.0.1 > Developing > Developing web applications > Developing web applications > Creating Web page content > Adding data to a Web page the page "Adding data using Java Persistence API (JPA)" where it states:

"7. Drag the JPA component from the Data and Services drawer on the palette onto the page" so does that mean the document site is wrong?

Updated on 2014-08-04T03:53:00Z at 2014-08-04T03:53:00Z by DaveBristow
      • gloriay
        gloriay
        8 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-27T15:48:01Z  in response to DaveBristow

Hi Dave,

I am assuming that you are using Rich Page Editor, which is the default editor for JSF pages, but that particular category is not available for Rich Page Editor, it is available for Page Designer, in order to get this category you can close and reopen the page in Page Designer (Right click on the page, Open With > Page Designer)

• DaveBristow
          DaveBristow
          3 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2014-08-27T16:48:20Z  in response to gloriay

Awesome! but not so obvious!! Thnaks