Topic
  • 8 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-20T17:28:05Z by SongX.Gao
Vasya_Terkin
Vasya_Terkin
9 Posts

Pinned topic Date prompt box size changes?

‏2013-10-23T13:24:15Z |

Hello! Is there any methods to change the box size of date prompts?

In my case it looks like this:

There is to much empty spaces. I want to reduce the width of this box.

I want it to look like this:

• Paul Mendelson
    Paul Mendelson
    61 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Date prompt box size changes?

‏2013-12-11T11:14:00Z  

Hello! Not works for me.

This decision re-sizes the block with results of search, but not the prompt box.

May be you know some other property (not myselect.style.width), that will work right? Thank you.

When using scripts like that you'd need to use a tool like IE Dev Toolbar or Firebug to analyse the DOM and figure out which tag to use.

Try this, go to the classes window, under Report Pages and Prompt Pages, and paste this in:

<RSClipboardFragment version="2.0"><classStyle name="clsSelectDateEditBox" label="clsSelectDateEditBox" description="clsSelectDateEditBox"><CSS value="width:'';overflow:visible"/></classStyle></RSClipboardFragment>

• unknown_blues
    unknown_blues
    17 Posts

‏2013-10-24T16:05:19Z  

from the properties, NO. it cannot be done. but i believe we can edit the xml part of it like below....

"<contents><selectDate parameter="Parameter1" selectDateUI="editBox"/><contents/><style><CSS value="width:70px"/></style></contents>"

the code above as is does not work, you need to play around a little bit, but it is to give you an idea that there is a possible alternative.

we did some custom template design for our business lines and we wanted to force the report authors to use the standard templates across the departments so we had to hard code some of the CSS values from the xml itseld.

• Vasya_Terkin
    Vasya_Terkin
    9 Posts

‏2013-10-25T08:10:29Z  

from the properties, NO. it cannot be done. but i believe we can edit the xml part of it like below....

"<contents><selectDate parameter="Parameter1" selectDateUI="editBox"/><contents/><style><CSS value="width:70px"/></style></contents>"

the code above as is does not work, you need to play around a little bit, but it is to give you an idea that there is a possible alternative.

we did some custom template design for our business lines and we wanted to force the report authors to use the standard templates across the departments so we had to hard code some of the CSS values from the xml itseld.

Thanks, but I tried something like this so many times...

I'm tired of trying to change the xml. I don't have enough knowledge (of xml, java, html) to reach the final result.

I think someone found a solution. Please, give it to me.)

• Vasya_Terkin
    Vasya_Terkin
    9 Posts

‏2013-12-10T12:51:45Z  

Still no decision. Please, somebody help.

• OpherB
    OpherB
    679 Posts

‏2013-12-10T20:12:40Z  

Still no decision. Please, somebody help.

Here is a link to Javascript to re-size a select and search prompt: http://cognospaul.com/2012/01/10/quickie-dynamic-select-and-search-size/

You should be able to modify it to work with your date prompts.

Good luck,
    Opher

• Vasya_Terkin
    Vasya_Terkin
    9 Posts

‏2013-12-11T07:08:30Z  
    • OpherB
    • ‏2013-12-10T20:12:40Z

Here is a link to Javascript to re-size a select and search prompt: http://cognospaul.com/2012/01/10/quickie-dynamic-select-and-search-size/

You should be able to modify it to work with your date prompts.

Good luck,
    Opher

Hello! Not works for me.

This decision re-sizes the block with results of search, but not the prompt box.

May be you know some other property (not myselect.style.width), that will work right? Thank you.

• Paul Mendelson
    Paul Mendelson
    61 Posts

‏2013-12-11T11:14:00Z  

Hello! Not works for me.

When using scripts like that you'd need to use a tool like IE Dev Toolbar or Firebug to analyse the DOM and figure out which tag to use.

Try this, go to the classes window, under Report Pages and Prompt Pages, and paste this in:

<RSClipboardFragment version="2.0"><classStyle name="clsSelectDateEditBox" label="clsSelectDateEditBox" description="clsSelectDateEditBox"><CSS value="width:'';overflow:visible"/></classStyle></RSClipboardFragment>

• Vasya_Terkin
    Vasya_Terkin
    9 Posts

‏2013-12-16T10:45:51Z  

I've created this local class in my report, and it's working! (but not in Google Chrome)
    Thank you, Paul! Great work!
    I will try to use IE Dev Toolbar in future, as you recommend.

Updated on 2013-12-16T10:58:41Z at 2013-12-16T10:58:41Z by Vasya_Terkin
  • SongX.Gao
    SongX.Gao
    2 Posts

‏2014-06-20T17:28:05Z  

Put a HTML item in your prompt page with following code:

<style>
    .clsSelectDateEditBox {
        min-width: 100px !important;;
        width: 100px !important;;
    }