Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-29T09:18:00Z by BenoitEbner
BenoitEbner
BenoitEbner
17 Posts

Pinned topic Found unsupported syntax

‏2013-09-25T20:14:46Z |

why give an error of syntax for elements PL1 hereafter.  How it's possible to avoid these errors ?

IF SQLCODE <> 100  RC=8 TYPE=PLI AES1004E: Found unsupported syntax '<>' in line 179

-------------------------------------------------

dcl 1 * union,  

2 env001_c     char(5),                                      
       2 env001_d     fixed dec(9,0);        UNION not supported

dcl env char(4) init('');   Found unsupported syntax 'ENV' in line 45.

-----------------------------------------------------

DCL ENVIRONMENT CHAR(80) VARYING INIT(' ');  Found unsupported syntax 'ENVIRONMENT' in line 330.

----------------------------------------------------

• TonyLlopis
    TonyLlopis
    59 Posts

Re: Found unsupported syntax

‏2013-09-26T14:40:10Z  

>> why give an error of syntax for elements PL1 hereafter.  How it's possible to avoid these errors ?

>> IF SQLCODE <> 100  RC=8 TYPE=PLI AES1004E: Found unsupported syntax '<>' in line 179

This first one puzzles me.   Normally the error I would expect on that side of the pond would be on using '¬=', which I believe were fixed time back.   I wonder if this is a character set problem.    Do you get the same error with both scanners?

As for the rest of the errors below, I think you are hitting on reserved PLI words, which are documented in the RAA online help and for which I believe the proprietary scanner is more restrictive than the Compiler Based Scanner (CBS), so I would try to scan these modules with CBS.

dcl 1 * union,  

2 env001_c     char(5),                                      

DCL ENVIRONMENT CHAR(80) VARYING INIT(' ');  Found unsupported syntax 'ENVIRONMENT' in line 330.

• BenoitEbner
    BenoitEbner
    17 Posts

Re: Found unsupported syntax

‏2013-09-29T09:18:00Z  

>> why give an error of syntax for elements PL1 hereafter.  How it's possible to avoid these errors ?

>> IF SQLCODE <> 100  RC=8 TYPE=PLI AES1004E: Found unsupported syntax '<>' in line 179

This first one puzzles me.   Normally the error I would expect on that side of the pond would be on using '¬=', which I believe were fixed time back.   I wonder if this is a character set problem.    Do you get the same error with both scanners?

As for the rest of the errors below, I think you are hitting on reserved PLI words, which are documented in the RAA online help and for which I believe the proprietary scanner is more restrictive than the Compiler Based Scanner (CBS), so I would try to scan these modules with CBS.

dcl 1 * union,  

2 env001_c     char(5),                                      

Thank you for your help