Topic
  • 2 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-15T17:10:20Z by F7QD_Nicolas_Echavarria
F7QD_Nicolas_Echavarria
19 Posts

Pinned topic Unable to deploy any pattern using VPKFD v.4.0

‏2013-10-14T20:42:16Z |

Hello forum!

We just installed the latest version of VPKFD  (4.0.0.0-20130725092014  / 20130725-0918-706)

After finishing the setup we tried to deploy the Sample Java EE Application and we've been unable to do so.

We get and "unexpected inconsistency on the filesystem" while starting the Redhat machines. Please see the attached images.
The process stalls at "60% starting virtual machines".

Did we do something wrong in the setup? What can we try or what should we do?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks so much,

Nicolas E.

• F7QD_Nicolas_Echavarria
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Unable to deploy any pattern using VPKFD v.4.0

‏2013-10-15T17:10:20Z  
    • binnes
    • ‏2013-10-15T09:53:05Z

Hello Nicolas,

I'm not sure why you are seeing this problem, but looks like the VM Images are corrupt.  Have you tested the underlying VMWare infrastructure and validated that the storage is OK?

If the underlying VMWare infrastructure is OK, then I suggest you cleanup the disk images stored on VM, as it looks like the base OS disk is corrupt in the datastore. (you can do this from the Hypervisor configuration screen in VPDK - select cleanup against the configured storage) and try to deploy again.

This should initiate the image transfer again, so the first deploy will be slow.

Hello Brian!

Thanks a lot for your response!

Well, problem solved. The issue was that we created the new VPKFD machine using vmware workstation 10 format version 10. It looks that it does not support ESXi as guest. We re-created it with version 9 and we are good to go.

Everything is working and the Java EE demo pattern deployed successfully.

Thanks a lot!

• binnes
    binnes
    21 Posts

‏2013-10-15T09:53:05Z  

Hello Nicolas,

I'm not sure why you are seeing this problem, but looks like the VM Images are corrupt.  Have you tested the underlying VMWare infrastructure and validated that the storage is OK?

If the underlying VMWare infrastructure is OK, then I suggest you cleanup the disk images stored on VM, as it looks like the base OS disk is corrupt in the datastore. (you can do this from the Hypervisor configuration screen in VPDK - select cleanup against the configured storage) and try to deploy again.

This should initiate the image transfer again, so the first deploy will be slow.

• F7QD_Nicolas_Echavarria
    19 Posts

‏2013-10-15T17:10:20Z  
    • binnes
    • ‏2013-10-15T09:53:05Z

Hello Nicolas,

Hello Brian!

Thanks a lot for your response!

Well, problem solved. The issue was that we created the new VPKFD machine using vmware workstation 10 format version 10. It looks that it does not support ESXi as guest. We re-created it with version 9 and we are good to go.

Everything is working and the Java EE demo pattern deployed successfully.

Thanks a lot!