Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-06-26T11:34:32Z by Andrew.Cohen
Andrew.Cohen
Andrew.Cohen
2 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How to turn MDM notifications on ?

‏2013-06-11T15:27:24Z |

I am trying to turn on the Notifications feature in a CDH install. In the docs I have found things like:

To work with MDM Server notifications, you have to enable the MDM notification mechanism as described below:

1. Open a DB2 command window and connect to your MDM database: 
    db2 connect to mdm
  2. Enable notifications at application level 
    db2 update configelement set value='true', last_update_dt=current timestamp where name='/IBM/DWLCommonServices/Notifications/enabled'
  3. Disconnect from the MDM database:
    db2 disconnect mdm

and got SQL completed successfully on step 2.

Is this all thats needed?

I am currently trying to use this feature in a behaviour extension, but am still getting error:

javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name "ejb/com/dwl/base/notification/NotificationLocal" not found in context "java:comp/env".
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.ipbase.NameSpace.lookupInternal(NameSpace.java:1228)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.ipbase.NameSpace.lookup(NameSpace.java:1141)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.urlbase.UrlContextImpl.lookupExt(UrlContextImpl.java:1436)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.java.javaURLContextImpl.lookupExt(javaURLContextImpl.java:477)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.urlbase.UrlContextImpl.lookup(UrlContextImpl.java:1314)
    at com.ibm.ws.naming.java.javaURLContextImpl.lookup(javaURLContextImpl.java:387)
    at com.dwl.base.util.ServiceLocator.getLocalHome(ServiceLocator.java:877)

thanks for any suggestions,

Andrew

Updated on 2013-06-11T15:28:53Z at 2013-06-11T15:28:53Z by Andrew.Cohen
  • sridhar.patil
    sridhar.patil
    15 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to turn MDM notifications on ?

‏2013-06-26T11:11:36Z  in response to Andrew.Cohen

Could be an issue with your mdm depoyment or the notification ejb jndi name you are specifying in your extension might be wrong. Run the universal test client and verify if the notification bean is accessible with the JNDI name.

• Andrew.Cohen
      Andrew.Cohen
      2 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How to turn MDM notifications on ?

‏2013-06-26T11:34:32Z  in response to sridhar.patil

Thank you, yes I discovered this was the problem a while back, You need to use a different class then ServiceLocator to perform the JNDI lookup. Look at the NotificationUtil class instead.