Topic
  • 5 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-10-15T15:54:36Z by david.cyr
david.cyr
david.cyr
20 Posts

Pinned topic Odd visual quirk in Streams Studio for SPSSScoring operator

‏2013-09-13T16:13:25Z |

I'm using the [1.0.0] version of com.ibm.spss.streams.analytics::SPSSScoring, and functionally the operator is workign as expected, but visually in Streams Studio the operator seems to have some text ("SPSS") overlaying the Alias/Identifier of the operator (e.g. "Score via SPSS"). This makes the GUI in Streams Studio for that operator look jumbled, with text overlaying other text.

Again, this does not seem to be impairing any functionality, but as I'm showing the process flow to the customer it looks a bit sloppy to have the jumbled text, and I'd like to know if there's a way to resolve it (or if I'm the only person that seems to be impacted by it).

I have not noticed this kind of text overlay with any other operator I've used, or in other toolkits (e.g. bigdata and text analytics). It only seems to be happening with the spss analytics widget.

Has anybody else noticed this?

Toolkit com.ibm.spss.streams.analytics::SPSSScoring, version 1.0.0

Streams Studio 3.1

thanks in advance,

david

• DennyHatz
    DennyHatz
    102 Posts

Re: Odd visual quirk in Streams Studio for SPSSScoring operator

‏2013-09-13T20:12:18Z  

Our development team is looking into this problem.  Will post when we find a resolution.

• DennyHatz
    DennyHatz
    102 Posts

‏2013-09-13T20:45:52Z  
    • DennyHatz
    • ‏2013-09-13T20:12:18Z

Our development team is looking into this problem.  Will post when we find a resolution.

Can you post a screenshot?  We are having trouble visualizing the problem

• david.cyr
    david.cyr
    20 Posts

‏2013-09-16T15:00:40Z  

Hi - posting a screenshot as an attachment. Thanks!

Attachments

• rcradick
    rcradick
    2 Posts

‏2013-10-15T15:32:05Z  
    • david.cyr
    • ‏2013-09-16T15:00:40Z

Hi - posting a screenshot as an attachment. Thanks!

Hi David,

There is a known bug with that version of the SPSS toolkit. Updating to the latest version of the toolkit will fix the issue. The operator.xml file for the SPSSScoring operator incorrectly names the icon file with a ".gif" file extension instead of ".GIF".

- Ryan

• david.cyr
    david.cyr
    20 Posts

‏2013-10-15T15:54:36Z  
    • rcradick
    • ‏2013-10-15T15:32:05Z

Hi David,

There is a known bug with that version of the SPSS toolkit. Updating to the latest version of the toolkit will fix the issue. The operator.xml file for the SPSSScoring operator incorrectly names the icon file with a ".gif" file extension instead of ".GIF".

- Ryan

Thanks for the information!

d