Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-05-02T07:04:07Z by flavio_b
flavio_b
flavio_b
19 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Session Management in "WAS - workspace mode"

‏2013-04-21T09:36:55Z |

Hello,

I usually run Websphere 7.0.0.25 developer edition with eclipse and the following mode: "Run server with resources within the workspace", but I had the necessity to set the following properties under Enterprise Applications > myapp-ear > Session management:

- Override session management (checked)

- Cookies (click on Enable Cookies): set my own Cookie path in place of "/".

The problem is that I cannot set the property above as I want, since they are not enabled. I had to switch to "Run Server with resources on Server".

Is it possible to solve this problem and to set those properties (from eclipse or somewhere else) running the server with resources within the workspace?

• flavio_b
    flavio_b
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Session Management in "WAS - workspace mode"

‏2013-05-01T12:10:23Z  in response to flavio_b

Nobody have an idea? :|

• e_yuen
    e_yuen
    27 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-01T20:34:35Z  in response to flavio_b

When publishing with "Run server with resources within the workspace", the application level of the server configuration cannot be viewed or edited on the administrative console.  It is due to some optimization done on that publishing mode.  You can try disabling the "Minimize application files copied to the server" settings from the server editor publishing setting.  However, there are some limitation to that setting as well. 

You need to make sure you logoff from the administrative console before you disable the "Minimize application files copied to the server".  Also, you'll need to remove the application from the server, do a publish and add the application back to the server for the changes to take place.

For details on the publishing settings, you can refer to the following documentation (do a search for application-level configuration on the page):

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/radhelp/v8r5/topic/com.ibm.servertools.doc/topics/tpublishv6.html

• flavio_b
    flavio_b
    19 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-02T07:04:07Z  in response to flavio_b

Thanks a lot. I will read the documentation you've suggested to me.