Topic
2 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-02T08:22:28Z by GerardoMG
GerardoMG
GerardoMG
33 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Setting codePage from locale.

‏2013-10-01T09:31:44Z |

I have a request to set the code page from the browser locale.
Anyone have any ideas how to override the codePage other than using a connection parameter override in the URL?

I have tried to change the parameter in the attached request in a business logic method called from the start event. That did not work.

I would appreciate any suggestions.

• tmparker
    tmparker
    484 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Setting codePage from locale.

‏2013-10-01T17:02:15Z  in response to GerardoMG

I'm not sure this would really be possible.  The codepage needs to be set before the connection is started so that is why it needs to be done in the connection parameter overrides.  I don't think a running session can change the codepage.  The session would need to be ended then restarted with the new value.

Thanks

Tim

• GerardoMG
      GerardoMG
      33 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Setting codePage from locale.

‏2013-10-02T08:22:28Z  in response to tmparker

To be able to change a live session would of course be ideal. I have given up on that thought.

Now I'm trying to set the codepage before the connection is established. I thought i could do that in the Start event. That one is called before the Connect event. I don't seem to be able to get it to accept any changes thought.

I don't think it is a strange thing to want to do. To change the connection parameter based on the client setting. I must simply be going about it in the wrong way.