Topic
  • 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-07-24T07:23:59Z by TrushkinAndrey
MarimuthuUdayakumar
MarimuthuUdayakumar
12 Posts

Pinned topic WESB - Update SSL signer certificate in WAS.

‏2013-07-23T06:26:51Z |

Dear All,

I have defined signer certificate and user/pass in J2C authentication in WAS admin console.

I have configured these two in HTTP import binding in WESB and accessed external secure system and was able to process. No any issue.

But when i have updated user/pass and signer certificate in WAS and restarted whole WESB DMGR, The changes is not taking and not able to access external system. Service invoke primitive is getting timeout. Not able to figure out exact issue.

How do we confirm / verify the ssl signer certificate changes in WAS admin ?. whether changes has been updated or still pointing old certificate instance ?.

Updated on 2013-07-23T06:31:53Z at 2013-07-23T06:31:53Z by MarimuthuUdayakumar
  • TrushkinAndrey
    TrushkinAndrey
    113 Posts

Re: WESB - Update SSL signer certificate in WAS.

‏2013-07-23T11:21:43Z  

Hi,

In some cases WESB invokes external system using not only certificate, but policy. Have you any policy attached on your binding? The main case for this is the WebService bindings, but sometimes there are any issues in Http bindings.

We had some issue with WESB and certificates. And we didn't use standard WAS approach. We used iKeyman for creating certificates. After that we imported certificates to the ESB using WAS approach.

• MarimuthuUdayakumar
    MarimuthuUdayakumar
    12 Posts

‏2013-07-24T00:43:07Z  

Thanks Trushkin,

We are not using any Policy set and Policy binding for security.

I have deleted  existing entry of WS Variable which holds url, certificate and J2C authentication, Finally created everything again, and restarted WAS.

Now able to access external service from WESB.

So I think existing certificate/url/user/pass instance has locked somewhere in WAS. This had been released once recreated everything instead of updating value's on them.

Updated on 2013-07-24T00:43:35Z at 2013-07-24T00:43:35Z by MarimuthuUdayakumar
  • TrushkinAndrey
    TrushkinAndrey
    113 Posts

‏2013-07-24T07:23:59Z  

Thanks Trushkin,

We are not using any Policy set and Policy binding for security.

I have deleted  existing entry of WS Variable which holds url, certificate and J2C authentication, Finally created everything again, and restarted WAS.

Now able to access external service from WESB.

So I think existing certificate/url/user/pass instance has locked somewhere in WAS. This had been released once recreated everything instead of updating value's on them.

Yes, it's may be. Thanks very much for your reply.