Topic
1 reply Latest Post - ‏2013-06-24T19:34:12Z by new haven ILL
new haven ILL
new haven ILL
5 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic datapower invoking stored procedure with oracle timestamp(6) column

‏2013-06-20T14:21:22Z |

datapower invoking stored procedure with oracle timestamp(6) column

I have a problem invoking stored procedure via datasource setup on datapower, particularly passing the value for oracle  timestamp(6) column.

<argument type="SQL_TYPE_TIMESTAMP" mode="INPUT">TO_TIMESTAMP_TZ('2013-06-19 11:10:52-05:00','YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SSTZH:TZM')</argument>

Error is seen in datapower debug log:

11:10:54 sql error 85583600      0x818000a7 sql-source (OracleDS): Database reported query error: Invalid character value. Error in parameter 3.
0x818000a7 sql-source (OracleDS): Database reported query error: Invalid character value. Error in parameter 3.

My questions are:
(1) What is the problem with the argument value for timestamp(6)?
(2) I save the variable $result below in context, but the variable entry itself is not created.
    The datapower deos not seem to capture/build the result returned from a target daasource.

<xsl:variable name="result">
  <dp:sql-execute source="
---END

• new haven ILL
    new haven ILL
    5 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: datapower invoking stored procedure with oracle timestamp(6) column

‏2013-06-24T19:34:12Z  in response to new haven ILL

The insert to the TIMESTAMP(6), the microseconds had to be explicitly passed.

A questioln about the result in error case.
    For error result, does datapower still take output from data source, or will it create an error message of its own, like sql/message/xxx?
    Our stored procedure has two outputs,  the 1st one for error code and the 2nd one for message.
    In success case, error code is 0, and in failure case, error code is any number other than 0 and the 2nd message contains error message.

in my test, the debug log shows a message in both success and failure cases, however, in xsl, nothing is set to the result variable.
    The variable itself is not created under context tab.
    Has anyone successfully captured the output in xsl?