Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-06T17:07:17Z by madmanu
iiiii
iiiii
9 Posts

Pinned topic BigInsights 2.0, how to make secured (ldap)?

‏2013-04-30T21:30:28Z |

Hi,

BigInsight 2.0 was automatically installed with no security (no user authentication), how do I make it a  secured web app?   I planned to use ldap as the user registry.

There seems to be instruction to make it secured by using "silent" mode installation, I followed the instruction but it failed to install hence I went back to re-install it thru the web browser.

Then I did a goggle and found  instruction to make it secured for v1.4 which involved a file named SecurityRealmPlan.xml, but version 2.0 doesn't come with that file.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Updated on 2013-04-30T21:31:22Z at 2013-04-30T21:31:22Z by iiiii
  • ZachZ
    ZachZ
    14 Posts

Re: BigInsights 2.0, how to make secured (ldap)?

‏2013-05-13T20:27:29Z  

Hi, 

We suggest you try the following approach - 

1) Start installation program logged on as biadmin (./start.sh) -- that way you will get an "Upgrade" option.

2) For installatin type choose "Upgrade" option (which is basically upgrade to same version)

3) Check option -  "Create a response file without performing an installation" 

4) Select a different option on the security panel (i.e. LDAP)

5) Use the newly generated response file to silently upgrade your BigInsights to the same version

Thanks.

• iiiii
    iiiii
    9 Posts

‏2013-08-05T21:16:22Z  
    • ZachZ
    • ‏2013-05-13T20:27:29Z

Hi, 

We suggest you try the following approach - 

1) Start installation program logged on as biadmin (./start.sh) -- that way you will get an "Upgrade" option.

2) For installatin type choose "Upgrade" option (which is basically upgrade to same version)

3) Check option -  "Create a response file without performing an installation" 

4) Select a different option on the security panel (i.e. LDAP)

5) Use the newly generated response file to silently upgrade your BigInsights to the same version

Thanks.

Hi,

I am using BigInsight 2,1, again it is not secured,  we already have some important data loaded into the bigInsights, but now we want to make it secured (due to important data), I followed your instruction but I didn't see any "Upgrade" option listed in your step 2.  Please do clarify.

thanks!

• DiLi
    DiLi
    69 Posts

‏2013-09-04T17:18:13Z  
    • iiiii
    • ‏2013-08-05T21:16:22Z

Hi,

I am using BigInsight 2,1, again it is not secured,  we already have some important data loaded into the bigInsights, but now we want to make it secured (due to important data), I followed your instruction but I didn't see any "Upgrade" option listed in your step 2.  Please do clarify.

thanks!

You need to start the BI Installer with the BigInsights Administrator user ID. The user ID, by default is biadmin. 

• madmanu
    madmanu
    25 Posts

‏2013-09-06T17:07:17Z  
    • DiLi
    • ‏2013-09-04T17:18:13Z

You need to start the BI Installer with the BigInsights Administrator user ID. The user ID, by default is biadmin. 

Does this go well with an installation using GPFS as well ? Can we treat them as 2 different components, when it comes to security.  Or does it go as a complete overhaul. Is there a document that talks in detail on the security part of the installation. The install gives a high level direction, but is there something that talks on a step by step or a Tech note on how to do and what not to do with the security implementation.

Mano.