Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
4 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-09-06T17:07:17Z by madmanu
iiiii
iiiii
9 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic BigInsights 2.0, how to make secured (ldap)?

‏2013-04-30T21:30:28Z |

Hi,

BigInsight 2.0 was automatically installed with no security (no user authentication), how do I make it a  secured web app?   I planned to use ldap as the user registry.

There seems to be instruction to make it secured by using "silent" mode installation, I followed the instruction but it failed to install hence I went back to re-install it thru the web browser.

Then I did a goggle and found  instruction to make it secured for v1.4 which involved a file named SecurityRealmPlan.xml, but version 2.0 doesn't come with that file.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Updated on 2013-04-30T21:31:22Z at 2013-04-30T21:31:22Z by iiiii
  • ZachZ
    ZachZ
    14 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: BigInsights 2.0, how to make secured (ldap)?

‏2013-05-13T20:27:29Z  in response to iiiii

Hi, 

We suggest you try the following approach - 

1) Start installation program logged on as biadmin (./start.sh) -- that way you will get an "Upgrade" option.

2) For installatin type choose "Upgrade" option (which is basically upgrade to same version)

3) Check option -  "Create a response file without performing an installation" 

4) Select a different option on the security panel (i.e. LDAP)

5) Use the newly generated response file to silently upgrade your BigInsights to the same version

Thanks.

• iiiii
      iiiii
      9 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-08-05T21:16:22Z  in response to ZachZ

Hi,

I am using BigInsight 2,1, again it is not secured,  we already have some important data loaded into the bigInsights, but now we want to make it secured (due to important data), I followed your instruction but I didn't see any "Upgrade" option listed in your step 2.  Please do clarify.

thanks!

• DiLi
        DiLi
        69 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-04T17:18:13Z  in response to iiiii

You need to start the BI Installer with the BigInsights Administrator user ID. The user ID, by default is biadmin. 

• madmanu
          madmanu
          25 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-09-06T17:07:17Z  in response to DiLi

Does this go well with an installation using GPFS as well ? Can we treat them as 2 different components, when it comes to security.  Or does it go as a complete overhaul. Is there a document that talks in detail on the security part of the installation. The install gives a high level direction, but is there something that talks on a step by step or a Tech note on how to do and what not to do with the security implementation.

Mano.