Topic
  • 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-05-07T09:33:45Z by SANDHYA@IBM
Cleardoctor
Cleardoctor
20 Posts

Pinned topic how can I delete a change set in an activity?

‏2013-05-02T15:20:09Z |

I need to delete an activity.

I tried to delete the change set but safety trigger didn't allow me to delete those versions.

Does anybody know how to delete those version besides making it obsolete?

The error I got:

cleartool rmver -xbranch -xlabel -xattr -xhlink <change set>

cleartool: Error: Cannot remove versions which are recorded in UCM baseline.
cleartool: Error: No versions of "/wells_team/ppw/tap/ctr/arc/atm_set.c" to remove.

Thanks

• Dave-Robinson
    Dave-Robinson
    116 Posts

Re: how can I delete a change set in an activity?

‏2013-05-03T02:39:49Z  

You shall break the baselines if you remove those version, and have flow-on problems with new baselines in that stream.

Instead, create a new activity, check out the files with versions in that change set

copy the predecessor versions into the new checkouts, and check them back in

and then create a new baseline

if there is a strong business reason that this approach is not acceptable, raise a PMR to IBM Rational Client Support to work out an alternate plan.

David Robinson
    Advisory Software Engineer
    Globally Distributed Development - SoftWare Advisory Team (GDD SWAT)
    IBM Rational Client Support, Asia Pacific
    Rational Software
    IBM SoftWare Group

• Cleardoctor
    Cleardoctor
    20 Posts

‏2013-05-03T17:11:49Z  

You shall break the baselines if you remove those version, and have flow-on problems with new baselines in that stream.

Instead, create a new activity, check out the files with versions in that change set

copy the predecessor versions into the new checkouts, and check them back in

and then create a new baseline

if there is a strong business reason that this approach is not acceptable, raise a PMR to IBM Rational Client Support to work out an alternate plan.

David Robinson
    Advisory Software Engineer
    Globally Distributed Development - SoftWare Advisory Team (GDD SWAT)
    IBM Rational Client Support, Asia Pacific
    Rational Software
    IBM SoftWare Group

I would like to remove the change set as well as stream because sooner or later I have to remove it.  Is there any other way to do this?

• benray
    benray
    74 Posts

‏2013-05-06T18:55:09Z  

I would like to remove the change set as well as stream because sooner or later I have to remove it.  Is there any other way to do this?

The preferred method would be to lock obsolete the stream. That way you still have the historical artifacts and nothing is lost. As David mentioned there are ramifications of removing data from a UCM environment that can cause problems going forward. If you absolutely have to do this it would be best to open a PMR so we can get a clear picture of the situation and advise what consequences might accompany removal of versions/activities/baselines/streams etc.

• SANDHYA@IBM
    SANDHYA@IBM
    24 Posts

‏2013-05-07T09:33:45Z  
    • benray
    • ‏2013-05-06T18:55:09Z

The preferred method would be to lock obsolete the stream. That way you still have the historical artifacts and nothing is lost. As David mentioned there are ramifications of removing data from a UCM environment that can cause problems going forward. If you absolutely have to do this it would be best to open a PMR so we can get a clear picture of the situation and advise what consequences might accompany removal of versions/activities/baselines/streams etc.

http://doublepaddle.blogspot.in/2008/01/clearcase-eraser-versions-recorded-in.html

Please try the procedure mentioned in the URL  ..It should help.