• 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-27T13:56:42Z by Bobinnho
1 Post

Pinned topic Setting enviorment for starting Informix server

‏2014-03-22T09:23:13Z | #informix #setup

i installed informix i am trying to start informix database server.first i set enviorment variable $INFORMIXDIR to /opt/IBM/informix/ after that i set $INFORMIXSQLHOSTS variable to /opt/IBM/informix/etc/sqlhosts .after that i run command ./oninit from bin folder.its giving me warning

Warning: could not access INFORMIXSQLHOSTS /opt/IBM/informix/etc/sqlhosts.

actually there is no file in named sqlhosts in etc folder but there are many files which have this string included in their is list

i want to know what will be the sqlhosts file content so that i will be able to access my db server.please guideline.

Updated on 2014-03-22T09:25:36Z at 2014-03-22T09:25:36Z by iritesh
  • Bobinnho
    1 Post

Re: Setting enviorment for starting Informix server

Just create new file with the name 'sqlhosts' in the $INFORMIXDIR/etc directory.

The content of the 'sqlhosts' file should be like this:

ifx_bob   onsoctcp  service_ifx_bob

ifx_bob = this is your $INFORMIXSERVER value, the NAME of Your Informix instance.

onsoctcp = this is a protocol to use to connect the Informix instance (onsoctcp is the most popular network, see doc. for more). = the name of your server (should be DNS name or IP or alias from /etc/hosts).

service_ifx_bob = this is the service name or directly the port number of the service. This name or port number MUST BE in /etc/services

service_ifx_bob    2020/tcp     # My Informix instance called ifx_bob (INFORMIXSERVER=ifx_bob)

Updated on 2014-03-27T13:57:29Z at 2014-03-27T13:57:29Z by Bobinnho