Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-27T13:56:42Z by Bobinnho
iritesh
iritesh
1 Post

Pinned topic Setting enviorment for starting Informix server

‏2014-03-22T09:23:13Z |

i installed informix succesfully.now i am trying to start informix database server.first i set enviorment variable $INFORMIXDIR to /opt/IBM/informix/ after that i set $INFORMIXSQLHOSTS variable to /opt/IBM/informix/etc/sqlhosts .after that i run command ./oninit from bin folder.its giving me warning

Warning: could not access INFORMIXSQLHOSTS /opt/IBM/informix/etc/sqlhosts.

actually there is no file in named sqlhosts in etc folder but there are many files which have this string included in their name.here is list

sqlhosts.cmsm.sample

sqlhosts.cmsm.sample.all

sqlhosts.cmsm.sample.client

sqlhosts.cmsm.sample.er

sqlhosts.demo

sqlhosts.ol_informix1170_1

sqlhosts.std

i want to know what will be the sqlhosts file content so that i will be able to access my db server.please guideline.

Updated on 2014-03-22T09:25:36Z at 2014-03-22T09:25:36Z by iritesh
  • Bobinnho
    Bobinnho
    1 Post

Re: Setting enviorment for starting Informix server

‏2014-03-27T13:56:42Z  

Just create new file with the name 'sqlhosts' in the $INFORMIXDIR/etc directory.

The content of the 'sqlhosts' file should be like this:

ifx_bob   onsoctcp   server.domain.com  service_ifx_bob

Where:

ifx_bob = this is your $INFORMIXSERVER value, the NAME of Your Informix instance.

onsoctcp = this is a protocol to use to connect the Informix instance (onsoctcp is the most popular network, see doc. for more).

server.domain.com = the name of your server (should be DNS name or IP or alias from /etc/hosts).

service_ifx_bob = this is the service name or directly the port number of the service. This name or port number MUST BE in /etc/services

/etc/services:

service_ifx_bob    2020/tcp     # My Informix instance called ifx_bob (INFORMIXSERVER=ifx_bob)

Updated on 2014-03-27T13:57:29Z at 2014-03-27T13:57:29Z by Bobinnho