Topic
  • 11 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-06-18T09:44:47Z by enrico.vannini
enrico.vannini
enrico.vannini
11 Posts

Pinned topic Cannot see os agent anymore

‏2014-05-29T13:55:26Z |

I installed os agent and mongo db agent on a Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 6.4 (Santiago) (64b)

After first installation the os agent and mongo agent were available on APM UI.

After a reboot, the os agent never showed up again.

The one already added to a test application is shown greyed out, and using the '+' to add a new application does not detect any OS agent

I tried reinstalling the agent but no changes

the Mongodb agent shows up properly.

It is possible that my machine has taken a different ip after the reboot (not sure this is an interesting info)

WHat can I do to troubleshoot it ?

Thanks

Enrico Vannini

• enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    11 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Cannot see os agent anymore

‏2014-06-18T09:44:47Z  

After installing the latest drop everything works fine.

I would recommend to set the beta site to avoid this:

I had a server provisioned one month ago, accessed ibmserviceengage and download the agent to connect to that server

Result was that the agent code level was newer than the server code level. The site should prevent user from doing that

THanks

• CynthiaF
    CynthiaF
    18 Posts

‏2014-05-29T14:42:57Z  

Hello Enrico

Tell helph understand the issue 

please run the following command
            a) on Windows c:\IBM\ITM\bin\pdcollect
            b) on Linux -  /opt/ibm/ccm/agent/bin/pdcollect

And send output from commands listed above.

Also, Please provide version of any agent that monitors another product get the version of that product(MySQL, MognoDB, WAS,etc...)

Thanks Cynthia

• CynthiaF
    CynthiaF
    18 Posts

‏2014-05-29T15:08:07Z  
    • CynthiaF
    • ‏2014-05-29T14:42:57Z

Hello Enrico

Also, Please provide version of any agent that monitors another product get the version of that product(MySQL, MognoDB, WAS,etc...)

Thanks Cynthia

also

On the system where the monitoring agent is installed, review the most recent agent log for any command timeout messages. Agent log names are host_name_pc_agent_instance_name_timestamp.log
    where
    host_name is the name of the system on which the agent is installed
    pc is the two-character product code, such as kj or km
    agent_instance_name is the name that was given to the instance during agent configuration

timestamp is the time and date when the log was saved and the path is

opt/ibm/ccm/agent/logs
    C:\IBM\ITM\TMAITM6_x64\logs

If you see that command timeout messages appear frequently, the agent's shell script might be taking too long to return with information and is timing out. The time out period is controlled in the pc_agent_instance_name.config file by the

CDP_DP_SCRIPT_TIMEOUT environment variable, which has a default value of 30 seconds. Set CDP_DP_SCRIPT_TIMEOUT and
    CDP_DP_REFRESH_INTERVAL to higher values to give the scripts enough time to complete successfully.

• CynthiaF
    CynthiaF
    18 Posts

‏2014-05-29T15:52:52Z  

Hello Enrico

The logs you sent were deleted by the security Scanner.

InterScan Messaging Security Suite has detected a message which violated the security settings configured in Policy > Scanning Exceptions. The message was deleted. You can find out more about this event by querying the Policy Event logs for Scanning exceptions.

Message details:
    Sender: enrico.vannini@it.ibm.com
    Recipient: fisherc@us.ibm.com
    Subject: Re: Cannot see os agent anymore
    Message ID: <OFF24FE93B.025028C6-ONC1257CE7.0052623B-C1257CE7.00543C80@it.ibm.com>
    Attachment: pdcollect-oc0261202222.tar.Z/NONAMEFL

Please resend or attach via sametime. Thanks Cynthia

• enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    11 Posts

‏2014-05-29T16:25:29Z  
    • CynthiaF
    • ‏2014-05-29T14:42:57Z

Hello Enrico

Thanks Cynthia

• CynthiaF
    CynthiaF
    18 Posts

‏2014-05-29T19:49:51Z  
    • CynthiaF
    • ‏2014-05-29T15:52:52Z

Hello Enrico

The logs you sent were deleted by the security Scanner.

InterScan Messaging Security Suite has detected a message which violated the security settings configured in Policy > Scanning Exceptions. The message was deleted. You can find out more about this event by querying the Policy Event logs for Scanning exceptions.

Message details:
    Sender: enrico.vannini@it.ibm.com
    Recipient: fisherc@us.ibm.com
    Subject: Re: Cannot see os agent anymore
    Message ID: <OFF24FE93B.025028C6-ONC1257CE7.0052623B-C1257CE7.00543C80@it.ibm.com>
    Attachment: pdcollect-oc0261202222.tar.Z/NONAMEFL

Please resend or attach via sametime. Thanks Cynthia

Hello Enrico,

Per my email please send email to the following email address to open a ticket against this issue.

Email address:

csisaas@ibmserviceengage.com , and the DSR will create the SR ticket. Thanks Cynthia

• CynthiaF
    CynthiaF
    18 Posts

‏2014-05-30T01:15:28Z  

Hello Enrico

Actually, I sent the email requesting a new SR ticket reporting this issue. You should receive the ticket number tomorrow. Should you have additional questions/concerns please don't hesitate to contact me. Thanks Cynthia 

• enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    11 Posts

‏2014-06-04T15:19:14Z  

Hello,

I was wondering if my problem is purely a connection issue,, I mean if for some reason my system does not properly talk to the service engage server. Despite at the beginning I successfully connected, using the same configuration, this today seems to be a possible situation, sicne all the agents (included the OS agent) does not connect anymore.

Question is: is there a simple check I can run to verify connectivity ? Something ling a simple ping or telnet to a given port ?

Thanks

Enrico

• enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    11 Posts

‏2014-06-17T12:17:09Z  

As a further test, I tried to connect to a different MIN (using a different IBM id and of course downloading agetns again) and things went a little better.

I was initially able to connect with all the agents (linux os, mongo, mysql, ruby) to my server (UI id is: 2e08d3d173dd1f82877a85471d12e481.customers.beta.apm.ibmserviceengage.com), but after about half a day of practices I lost all of them. Now all the widgets report 'dataprovider error' or 'no data available'.

I attach here the new pdcollect file

Attachments

• enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    11 Posts

‏2014-06-17T12:17:55Z  

As a further test, I tried to connect to a different MIN (using a different IBM id and of course downloading agetns again) and things went a little better.

I was initially able to connect with all the agents (linux os, mongo, mysql, ruby) to my server (UI id is: 2e08d3d173dd1f82877a85471d12e481.customers.beta.apm.ibmserviceengage.com), but after about half a day of practices I lost all of them. Now all the widgets report 'dataprovider error' or 'no data available'.

I attach here the new pdcollect file

this latest test was run with agents downloaded on 6/16

• lclima
    lclima
    1 Post

‏2014-06-17T14:50:43Z  

this latest test was run with agents downloaded on 6/16

Hello Enrico,

I got your logs and I will work on them to see what is happening with your environment.

Feel free to ping me on sametime if you have further questions.

Thanks,

Leticia Lima

• enrico.vannini
    enrico.vannini
    11 Posts

‏2014-06-18T09:44:47Z  

After installing the latest drop everything works fine.

I would recommend to set the beta site to avoid this:

I had a server provisioned one month ago, accessed ibmserviceengage and download the agent to connect to that server

Result was that the agent code level was newer than the server code level. The site should prevent user from doing that

THanks