• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2011-08-25T12:21:52Z by jscheel
SalvaG
SalvaG
2 Posts

Pinned topic Add PPC/PPC64 updates to local x86 yum repository

‏2011-08-23T12:29:26Z |
Hi all,
I have a local RHN repository to update my RHEL x86 servers. Now, if is possible, I want to add PPC and PPC64 updates to the repository and configure PS700 to take updates from the local repository instead of the remote one(now PS700 have no Internet connection). 

I've create a .repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d containing this:

RHEL-PowerPC
name=PowerPC Red Hat Enterprise Linux
baseurl=ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/server/POWER/Linux/IBMITSST/RHEL5/IBM
enabled=1
gpgcheck=1

But when I try to update the local repository, it doesn't download the packages from that repo.
Also I've modified the yum.conf and modified the 'exactarch' value to 0.

Is possible to do it? Also, how can I do it? 

Thanks

Updated on 2011-08-25T12:21:52Z at 2011-08-25T12:21:52Z by jscheel
  • Brian_King
    Brian_King
    24 Posts

Re: Add PPC/PPC64 updates to local x86 yum repository

‏2011-08-23T15:08:00Z  
    Can you clarify what packages you are looking for? That repository is currently an empty repository, for future use by the IBM Installation Toolkit for Linux. At this time, there are no updates beyond what is available on the Installation Toolkit 5.0 media: http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/lopdiags/installtools/home.html.

Thanks,

Brian
  • SalvaG
    SalvaG
    2 Posts

‏2011-08-24T06:16:35Z  
    Can you clarify what packages you are looking for? That repository is currently an empty repository, for future use by the IBM Installation Toolkit for Linux. At this time, there are no updates beyond what is available on the Installation Toolkit 5.0 media: http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/lopdiags/installtools/home.html.

Thanks,

Brian
     Hi Brian
    What I want is to update RHEL for Power using yum local repository. I took the repo and added it to my yum local repository to download the updates and makem them available. Perhaps this repo is not correct and I have to put another one. Do you know RHEL for PPCx64 repo URL and how to add it to an existing repository to download them for making them available for download from the local network? 

Thanks 

• Brian_King
    Brian_King
    24 Posts

‏2011-08-24T14:11:51Z  
    • SalvaG
    • ‏2011-08-24T06:16:35Z
     Hi Brian
    What I want is to update RHEL for Power using yum local repository. I took the repo and added it to my yum local repository to download the updates and makem them available. Perhaps this repo is not correct and I have to put another one. Do you know RHEL for PPCx64 repo URL and how to add it to an existing repository to download them for making them available for download from the local network? 

Thanks 

The updates you are looking for will need come from Red Hat using RHN, rather than from IBM. Red Hat should be able to help you with any issues regarding RHN access.
  • jscheel
    jscheel
    67 Posts

‏2011-08-25T12:21:52Z  
    The updates you are looking for will need come from Red Hat using RHN, rather than from IBM. Red Hat should be able to help you with any issues regarding RHN access.
     SalvaG, Brian is correct about the respositories.  When you purchased RHEL, you should have received information about logining into the Red Hat Network to obtain a Red Hat ID.

The starting URL for the Red Hat Network is http://rhn.redhat.com/.

If you purchased RHEL from IBM, you should get a slip of paper with the information to create your RHN id.

Hope this helps.  Please let us know if we've misunderstood or you have more questions.
    Updated on 2011-08-25T12:21:52Z at 2011-08-25T12:21:52Z by jscheel