• 3 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-09-05T06:39:04Z by Norricorp
Norricorp
Norricorp
5 Posts

Pinned topic deinstall db2 express-c

‏2013-09-04T16:34:49Z |

Hi,

I think I have got into a bit of a mess with this. I wanted to start from scratch having made several errors. This is what I have done.

I installed express-c 10.5 and Data Studio 4.1. Got it all working - created databases via db2 command and DS. Unfortunately I wanted to use it with RTC which will not use 10.5. Decided to uninstall everything and start again with different versions.

Dropped the databases using db2 command. Then dropped the instance. Run db2_deinstall - this errored with a comment about DAS (see later). So I decided to remove DS via Installation Manager. Then tried db2_deinstall again. Same error

"The DB2 installer detects the DAS is using the current DB2 copy to be uninstalled. The deinstallation process cannot continue.  If the deinstallation is moving up or down a DB2 level from the current DB2 installation, you need to use the installFixPack command from the DB2 images of the desired DB2 Level to update the current DB2 installation. If the purpose is to uninstall  a DB2 product from the current location with no desire to install it again to the same location, you need to drop the DAS or update the DAS to use another DB2 installation location of the same version and then rerun the command again to uninstall."

I now wonder if deleting DS was a good idea. I presume there is some value set in db2 express-c that has recorded that DS has connected to these databases in the past.

So does anyone know a way out of this mess?

Regards,

John

• nivanov1
    nivanov1
    53 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: deinstall db2 express-c

‏2013-09-04T17:03:06Z  

DAS and Data Studio (DS) are different things. You can try dropping the DAS instance by issuing db2admin drop in the DB2 command window on Windows or dasdrop on Linux.

• nivanov1
    nivanov1
    53 Posts

‏2013-09-04T17:03:06Z  

DAS and Data Studio (DS) are different things. You can try dropping the DAS instance by issuing db2admin drop in the DB2 command window on Windows or dasdrop on Linux.

• Norricorp
    Norricorp
    5 Posts

‏2013-09-04T20:07:18Z  
    • nivanov1
    • ‏2013-09-04T17:03:06Z

That is a really good point - thank you. I just looked through the pdf book that comes with 9.7 (I am trying to uninstall 10.5) and it says that DAS is deprecated so I am a little surprised that it is still relied on by something.

Still, I will try this tomorrow morning and update this thread. Again, many thanks.

• Norricorp
    Norricorp
    5 Posts

‏2013-09-05T06:39:04Z  
    • nivanov1
    • ‏2013-09-04T17:03:06Z

This worked - many thanks.