• 4 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-31T17:15:13Z by randybrown
mmikhaylyuk
mmikhaylyuk
2 Posts

Pinned topic Event Propagation

‏2014-03-21T09:01:29Z |

Hi,

I've created templates for my service and its components in TBSM 6.1.1.

All templates contains only one Incoming Status rule related to specific events from OMNIbus. I doesn't use aggregation rules for this service.

I've created a page it TIP with Service Tree and AEL portlets.

Is it possible to configure TBSM not to display events from child elements in AEL if I choose parent element in Service Tree?

Updated on 2014-03-21T09:56:39Z at 2014-03-21T09:56:39Z by mmikhaylyuk
  • randybrown
    randybrown
    60 Posts

Re: Event Propagation

‏2014-03-25T13:15:53Z  

Hi,

I have tried this myself and it looks like it shows events both for the parent service and its child (component) services. This is true, as you stated, even if there is no propagation defined. I am still asking other members of the development team if this is the way it was intended to work.

If it turns out to be working incorrectly then a fix can be pursued. If it is working as expected, then I can try to find out how we might make that configurable. I do not believe there is currently a way to change the query that populates the AEL when driven by TBSM service context, but that would need further investigation.

Sorry for the delay. Hopefully I will be able to get an answer soon.

Regards...

Randy Brown

• mmikhaylyuk
    mmikhaylyuk
    2 Posts

‏2014-03-25T13:43:46Z  
    This reply was deleted by randybrown 2014-03-25T14:07:09Z. Reason for deletion: Duplicate

Hi,

I think that TBSM works correctly, but I'm interesting in changing it behavior.

May be it is possible to change the logic for RawEvents filter for AEL, but I can't find how to do it.

Maxim.

• randybrown
    randybrown
    60 Posts

‏2014-03-25T13:59:13Z  

Hi,

May be it is possible to change the logic for RawEvents filter for AEL, but I can't find how to do it.

Maxim.

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't think it would be quite as simple as changing the filter. I believe we build a temporary filter that has an additional SQL clause that joins in another object server table that TBSM maintains. It is this table that relates event identifiers to TBSM service identifiers, and in this case it has already included rows in the table that relate the component events to the top level service.

I have asked some other experts for information, so hopefully we can help get to a resolution.

Regards...

Randy Brown

• randybrown
    randybrown
    60 Posts

‏2014-03-28T13:49:48Z  

Hi,

Maxim.

Hi,

Just wanted to give you an update.

TBSM has no documented/supported procedure to get the behavior you are looking for. I have been in discussions with members of the support and dev teams about whether such a configuration could be supported. We have not been able to reach a decision on that yet, but I hope to get the right folks together early next week.

I would suggest you begin the process of documenting this with TBSM support with a PMR. That will be required in order to provide any type of solution, since our support team will need to approve any recommendation we make.

Thanks...

Randy Brown

• randybrown
    randybrown
    60 Posts

‏2014-03-31T17:15:13Z  

Hi,

Just wanted to give you an update.

TBSM has no documented/supported procedure to get the behavior you are looking for. I have been in discussions with members of the support and dev teams about whether such a configuration could be supported. We have not been able to reach a decision on that yet, but I hope to get the right folks together early next week.

I would suggest you begin the process of documenting this with TBSM support with a PMR. That will be required in order to provide any type of solution, since our support team will need to approve any recommendation we make.

Thanks...

Randy Brown

Hi,

I met with the other team members today. We confirmed there is no existing property or other configuration in TBSM that will support the behavior you want.

Please open a PMR with support and they will work with you to see if there is any configuration that can be done just for your environment.

Thanks...

Randy Brown