Topic
IC4NOTICE: developerWorks Community will be offline May 29-30, 2015 while we upgrade to the latest version of IBM Connections. For more information, read our upgrade FAQ.
6 replies Latest Post - ‏2010-01-08T16:55:42Z by john.holtman
cmw.osdude
cmw.osdude
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic New Wiki to help people work with My developerWorks

‏2009-12-09T16:09:11Z |
 Hello, all.

I've been stumbling through the changes at My developerWorks and learning the new tools and techniques. To help others like myself I've created a Wiki called "Getting the most out of My developerWorks."  The intention is to have a single resource to guide people through a number of different aspects of using this network.  It can contain documentation and tutorials about how to use the tools (even if they're just pointers to existing information elsewhere on the web).  Ideally, though, it would also contain some guidelines about how to use My developerWorks socially... for example, tips for having a successful, active group; tips on keeping your blog popular; making My developerWorks and Facebook work together.

Please take a look and please contribute.  I don't have all of the information, I'm just trying to make it easy to find.  (If you could star the Wiki that will probably make it easier to find.)
Updated on 2010-01-08T16:55:42Z at 2010-01-08T16:55:42Z by john.holtman
  • cmw.osdude
    cmw.osdude
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: New Wiki to help people work with My developerWorks

‏2009-12-17T05:37:06Z  in response to cmw.osdude
     I just added a tip on inviting people to your network in the Getting the Most Out of My developerWorks Wiki.  I'm sure others have found some useful techniques so far.  Please put them in the Wiki or send them to me and I'll help get them in.

Remember, everyone can tinker with the Wiki, so if it's not right, right now... it will be.
  • john.holtman
    john.holtman
    3 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-06T20:55:38Z  in response to cmw.osdude
    Hi Chris, 

Did you consider making the wiki a part of this group, instead of standalone?
    • cmw.osdude
      cmw.osdude
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-06T23:25:33Z  in response to john.holtman
      I did not know that was possible.  What do I do?
      • john.holtman
        john.holtman
        3 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-06T23:52:42Z  in response to cmw.osdude
         The easiest thing would just be to get owner access to this "dw Enthusiasts!" group, customize it to include a wiki and then copy over any content you already have on the existing standalone wiki. I wouldn't suggest it if you had tons of content already, but it doesn't look like that's the case. The members list for the group has several owners, I'll try to chase down who's baby it really is and see what he or she thinks about it.
        • cmw.osdude
          cmw.osdude
          6 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-07T02:25:01Z  in response to john.holtman
           I have no objections, as long as that doesn't limit people's ability to find and use the Wiki.  I'd like to have it associated with the group, but I think it would be less helpful if you could only view and use it if you were a member of the group.
          • john.holtman
            john.holtman
            3 Posts
            ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2010-01-08T16:55:42Z  in response to cmw.osdude
             Chris, I talked to Valerie and she is on board with the idea of having your wiki be part of the group. This won't change or limit the ability for the wiki to be found other than the name of it will be different. You can also leverage tagging to make it more "findable". We are both now owners of this dW Enthusiasts group. So I went ahead and added the wiki component. You can now create pages in this wiki and copy over your existing content. When you are ready you can then delete the other wiki. I'm happy to help with any of this. Just ping me. -John