• 7 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-24T13:40:37Z by WalterVanDerHeiden
WalterVanDerHeiden
WalterVanDerHeiden
56 Posts

Pinned topic Rhapsody Architect cannot be used with Eclipse

‏2013-11-27T08:47:04Z |

Hi

We are working with Rhapsody Architect for Software and we tried to use this in Eclipse. When I opened a project an error message cam up that said I could not use Rhapsody to do multi-language projects.

What do I do wrong? or is it not possible to use Architect under Eclipse?

Walter

• WalterVanDerHeiden
    WalterVanDerHeiden
    56 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Rhapsody Architect cannot be used with Eclipse

‏2014-03-24T13:40:37Z  

Hi

I cannot open the png file unfortunately. 

I installed the Eclipse plugin by just copying the Rhapsody directory over the eclipse directory. I did not realize there was an install.

Walter

This is solved. It turned out that in the Rhapsody.ini file the "DefaultVersion" was set to Developer.

• JeanZ
    JeanZ
    240 Posts

‏2013-11-29T05:20:59Z  

Hi

Though I didn't really try I think Eclipse Platform Integration is a supported feature to both Developer and Architect for Software editions.

What project you tried to open from eclipse? a sample model or a model you created?

As what's mentioned in the error, does the model you trying to open have multiple languages (for example both having C++ unit and C unit in the model?)

Regards

• WalterVanDerHeiden
    WalterVanDerHeiden
    56 Posts

‏2013-11-29T06:09:55Z  
    • JeanZ
    • ‏2013-11-29T05:20:59Z

Hi

Though I didn't really try I think Eclipse Platform Integration is a supported feature to both Developer and Architect for Software editions.

What project you tried to open from eclipse? a sample model or a model you created?

As what's mentioned in the error, does the model you trying to open have multiple languages (for example both having C++ unit and C unit in the model?)

Regards

I installed the Rhapsody eclipse plugin in my Kepler Eclipse. After opening Eclipse, i opened the New Project menu. Rhapsody shows up there but after trying to open a new Rhapsody project (without mentioning any languages) the license error comes. 

Updated on 2013-11-29T07:23:35Z at 2013-11-29T07:23:35Z by WalterVanDerHeiden
  • JeanZ
    JeanZ
    240 Posts

‏2013-11-29T07:22:29Z  

I installed the Rhapsody eclipse plugin in my Kepler Eclipse. After opening Eclipse, i opened the New Project menu. Rhapsody shows up there but after trying to open a new Rhapsody project (without mentioning any languages) the license error comes. 

Hi,

What version of Rhapsody you are using?

There was a known problem on 7.6.1, see below link please.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM59289

regards

• WalterVanDerHeiden
    WalterVanDerHeiden
    56 Posts

‏2013-11-29T07:30:14Z  
    • JeanZ
    • ‏2013-11-29T07:22:29Z

Hi,

What version of Rhapsody you are using?

There was a known problem on 7.6.1, see below link please.

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg1PM59289

regards

Thanks JeanZ!

No i'm not using 7.6, we use 8.0.2 (waiting for 8.0.5, then we upgrade to that)

Walter

• JeanZ
    JeanZ
    240 Posts

‏2013-11-29T09:08:26Z  

Thanks JeanZ!

No i'm not using 7.6, we use 8.0.2 (waiting for 8.0.5, then we upgrade to that)

Walter

I tried in my env, it works well when I creating a new model from eclipse with 8.0.2 architect for software.

are you sure you have installed the plugin correctly?

There are totally 4 options available during installation, the one I choose is highlighted in the attachment.

Or you can paste the error screenshot here for others understand more.

Regards

Attachments

• WalterVanDerHeiden
    WalterVanDerHeiden
    56 Posts

‏2013-12-09T15:01:31Z  
    • JeanZ
    • ‏2013-11-29T09:08:26Z

I tried in my env, it works well when I creating a new model from eclipse with 8.0.2 architect for software.

are you sure you have installed the plugin correctly?

There are totally 4 options available during installation, the one I choose is highlighted in the attachment.

Or you can paste the error screenshot here for others understand more.

Regards

Hi

I installed the Eclipse plugin by just copying the Rhapsody directory over the eclipse directory. I did not realize there was an install.

Walter

• WalterVanDerHeiden
    WalterVanDerHeiden
    56 Posts

‏2014-03-24T13:40:37Z  

Hi

Walter

This is solved. It turned out that in the Rhapsody.ini file the "DefaultVersion" was set to Developer.