6 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-21T13:37:29Z by jnjnc
jnjnc
jnjnc
6 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Liberty profile shared library isolation

‏2013-10-14T10:16:19Z |

Hi,

Sorry if that question has already been posted but I don't find any answer in the forum nor in the following doc.

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/v1r1m0/topic/com.ibm.iea.was_v8/was/8.5/ProgrammingModel/WAS85_LP_Class_Loading.pdf

I'm using 3 shared libraries definition, let's say core libraries, business libraries and database libraries.

They are defined as commonLibraryRef

<application id="MY_EAR" name="MY_EAR" type="ear"
location="${server.config.dir}/apps/MY_EAR.ear">

<classloader commonLibraryRef="CoreLib,OracleLib,BusinessLib"
delegation="parentLast">
</classloader>

</application>

When the core invoke the business or the database, I got class not found exception.

It works pretty fine if I put all jars in an unique shared lib folder until the database class try to locate some WAS class

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/ibm/websphere/rsadapter/WSCallHelper

Did I miss something about classloading isolation ?

Could the shared lib interact if they are deployed through different shared lib definition ?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

• SolomanBarghouthi
    SolomanBarghouthi
    8 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Liberty profile shared library isolation

‏2013-10-14T14:24:22Z  in response to jnjnc

HI,

WSCallHelper is not supported with liberty, see the following:

https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/forums/html/topic?id=77777777-0000-0000-0000-000014938425

-- Soloman

• jnjnc
      jnjnc
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-14T14:51:13Z  in response to SolomanBarghouthi

Thanks a lot for your quick answer about the issue about com/ibm/websphere/rsadapter/WSCallHelper.

I will check why we are going through this interface.

Could you let me know if when I use multiple shared library definition, they are supposed to work together, or is there a classloading issue with my current setting ?

As I said in my first test I'm getting class not found exception when using the following configuration and when a class from CoreLib is calling a class from BusinessLib or OracleLib.

<application id="MY_EAR" name="MY_EAR" type="ear"
      location="${server.config.dir}/apps/MY_EAR.ear">

<classloader commonLibraryRef="CoreLib,OracleLib,BusinessLib"
      delegation="parentLast">
      </classloader>

</application>

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

• Alasdair
        Alasdair
        55 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-14T14:58:07Z  in response to jnjnc

Hi,

When you use commonLibraryRef each library is represented with a classloader and there is no relationship between them. If there is a relationship between these libraries then you should configure them as a single library.

Alasdair

• jnjnc
          jnjnc
          6 Posts
          ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-14T15:02:24Z  in response to Alasdair

Thanks Alasdair for this explanation.

Edit.

I can see in full profile the following property. Is there same kind of option in liberty ?

Thanks and regard

Class Loading

• JungWoonLee
    JungWoonLee
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-17T01:19:15Z  in response to jnjnc

Hi,

please check below link about IBM WAS Liberty classloader

https://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/ieduasst/v1r1m0/topic/com.ibm.iea.was_v8/was/8.5/ProgrammingModel/WAS85_LP_Class_Loading.pdf?dmuid=20120710094802628195

As you can check above link I sent, you might get similar function you would want to be like 'isolate class loading' when you set classloader as private with 'privateLibraryRef'.

Thanks,

• jnjnc
      jnjnc
      6 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-21T13:37:29Z  in response to JungWoonLee

Hi,

Sorry for the late reply and thanks for your link. I think this is the same I read and mentioned in my first post.

What I was wondering is if there is a way to have same behavior than in full profile where by default a class in a shared library could call a class in another shared library (I would like to share same kind of shared library configuration in full and liberty profile).

That's why I use 'commonLibraryRef' but as a Alasdair answered it seems not and I would have to put all my jars in same shared lib folder.

If not I think we could mark this subject as answered (I don't have the privilege to do so).

Thanks.