26 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic Visual Explain - Token ; was not valid

‏2013-05-15T13:46:45Z |

Working within the Run SQL Scripts window, I can run this command:

SELECT G.ITEM, G.ITEMDESC, G.UOM, G.STRATCD, G.STRATDESC
FROM RFQITMV1 G
WHERE G.ITEM = 'AFW14481';

However when I highlight this command and issue the Visual Explain option, I get this error:

SQL State: 42601
Vendor Code: -104
Message: [SQL0104] Token ; was not valid. Valid tokens: <END-OF-STATEMENT>. Cause . . . . . :   A syntax error was detected at token ;.  Token ; is not a valid token.  A partial list of valid tokens is <END-OF-STATEMENT>.  This list assumes that the statement is correct up to the token.  The error may be earlier in the statement, but the syntax of the statement appears to be valid up to this point. Recovery  . . . :   Do one or more of the following and try the request again: -- Verify the SQL statement in the area of the token ;. Correct the statement.  The error could be a missing comma or quotation mark, it could be a misspelled word, or it could be related to the order of clauses. -- If the error token is <END-OF-STATEMENT>, correct the SQL statement because it does not end with a valid clause.

This happens no matter which Visual Explain option I choose. This is the only command within the Run Scripts window.

I have been able to run VE before.

Any ideas on why this is happening and what I can do to fix it?

Thanks,

Bob

• krmilligan
    krmilligan
    441 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: Visual Explain - Token ; was not valid

‏2013-05-15T18:09:56Z  in response to Bob@LearCorp

Are you able to just do a RUN of the SELECT statement?  Do you have the latest IBM i Access for Windows Service Pack installed?

• Bob@LearCorp
      Bob@LearCorp
      26 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T11:38:25Z  in response to krmilligan

Hi Kent,

Yes - I am able to issue the Run command on this statement.

The last release of the Ops Nav that I installed was 'v7r1 service pack SI44594_64a.exe'. The Visual Explain was running fine with that service pack. We haven't installed anything new on the iSeries boxes we develop on.

Bob

• krmilligan
        krmilligan
        441 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-05-16T13:39:11Z  in response to Bob@LearCorp

Strange... a new Service Pack has been released since then so I would try to load that.  If that doesn't fix things, then you will probably need to contact IBM Support.