Topic
3 replies Latest Post - ‏2013-10-21T15:12:30Z by michelei
JirongHu
JirongHu
680 Posts
ACCEPTED ANSWER

Pinned topic How can I bypass a folder from merging during the deliver/rebase?

‏2013-10-16T00:47:24Z |

Hi All

Is there a way to not merging a particular folder during a deliver and rebase? There are tons of huge xml files inside this config folder which shouldn't be merged from phase to phase. Below is what asked by the development team "Please ignore the config folder from merging.". How can I achieve that? 

There is an option "Skip this element, I will merge it later". How can I "fool" CC later to let it believe the merge for these files are already done and can allow me to complete the deliver? Actually I don't want to merge, I want to achieve something like the "NEVER_MERGE" element type.

Thanks

Jirong

Updated on 2013-10-16T13:50:17Z at 2013-10-16T13:50:17Z by JirongHu
  • michelei
    michelei
    22 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

Re: How can I bypass a folder from merging during the deliver/rebase?

‏2013-10-21T08:54:36Z  in response to JirongHu

Hi,

if I don't want to merge a file, I select it in the version tree, choose "Merge to", check "No. Draw a merge arrow.." and point to the versione in the target stream. In this case, launching again the delivery, I maintain the target stream version of the object.

This is very boring in case of several files, But I did not find anything better in my CC version (2006).

Ciao

michele

• JirongHu
      JirongHu
      680 Posts
      ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-21T13:09:00Z  in response to michelei

Hi Michele

There are many large xml files in the folder. Finally what I did is: make a copy of that folder, deliver, skip all files in that folder if there is a merge conflict, draw an arrow, complete the deliver, check out all files, overwrite with the backup.

Jirong

• michelei
        michelei
        22 Posts
        ACCEPTED ANSWER

‏2013-10-21T15:12:30Z  in response to JirongHu

is exactly what I do!

ciao

michele