Topic
  • 6 replies
  • Latest Post - ‏2014-03-22T10:32:01Z by SandySymbioun
WMB 123
WMB 123
4 Posts

Pinned topic Hpw to use webservice simulator in Message Broker?

‏2013-09-05T00:44:40Z |

Hi,

I have a webservice flow. I want to simulate the webservice with the mocked up request and response. Please help me understand the process.

• ThomasBien
    ThomasBien
    10 Posts

Re: Hpw to use webservice simulator in Message Broker?

‏2013-09-05T00:59:27Z  

When you say you have a "webservice flow":
    1) do you mean that you have a message flow that calls an external webservice that you would like to stub out?
    2) do you mean that you have a message flow that acts as a webservice (eg. HTTPInput/HTTPReply) that you would like to test/call with a simple application?

For (1), you would need to create a dummy webservice to respond with dummy data. This could be another, simple, message flow, or it could be an application.

For (2), you can either use the test client provided in the WMB Toolkit, or you can use a 3rd party testing client, such as SoapUI.

• WMB 123
    WMB 123
    4 Posts

‏2013-09-05T14:37:31Z  

When you say you have a "webservice flow":
    1) do you mean that you have a message flow that calls an external webservice that you would like to stub out?
    2) do you mean that you have a message flow that acts as a webservice (eg. HTTPInput/HTTPReply) that you would like to test/call with a simple application?

For (1), you would need to create a dummy webservice to respond with dummy data. This could be another, simple, message flow, or it could be an application.

For (2), you can either use the test client provided in the WMB Toolkit, or you can use a 3rd party testing client, such as SoapUI.

Its Option 1 - Message flow that calls an external webservice that you would like to stub out.

Thanks Thomas. I will try it.

• KY0J_Simbu_Selvarasu
    40 Posts

‏2013-09-06T04:00:23Z  

For option 1 - you can also use SoapUI to act as a mock WebService. It is very simple and easy.

• WMB 123
    WMB 123
    4 Posts

‏2013-09-12T18:32:36Z  

For option 1 - you can also use SoapUI to act as a mock WebService. It is very simple and easy.

Are you saying, Soap UI as a seperate entity will give me the webservice response back or i can access SOAP UI from Message Broker and act as a web service?

• PRichelle
    PRichelle
    14 Posts

‏2013-09-13T13:52:08Z  
    • WMB 123
    • ‏2013-09-12T18:32:36Z

Are you saying, Soap UI as a seperate entity will give me the webservice response back or i can access SOAP UI from Message Broker and act as a web service?

Hello,

yes you can use SOAP UI for that

http://www.soapui.org/Getting-Started/web-service-sample-project/1-Web-Service-Mocking.html

SOAPUI can also be integrated as plugin in the WMB Toolkit or used as a standalone application.

For mockup I generally make it in WMB it self. It's straightforward and easy to do it.

• SandySymbioun
    SandySymbioun
    3 Posts

‏2014-03-22T10:32:01Z  
    • PRichelle
    • ‏2013-09-13T13:52:08Z

Hello,

yes you can use SOAP UI for that

http://www.soapui.org/Getting-Started/web-service-sample-project/1-Web-Service-Mocking.html

SOAPUI can also be integrated as plugin in the WMB Toolkit or used as a standalone application.

For mockup I generally make it in WMB it self. It's straightforward and easy to do it.

Hi,

I am getting these error,  while connecting SOAPUI (client) to message broker flows(service). Please any one can help me.

org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to https://sndpips1:50201 refused

Attachments

Updated on 2014-03-22T10:33:41Z at 2014-03-22T10:33:41Z by SandySymbioun