Topic
  • 1 reply
  • Latest Post - ‏2013-12-11T08:21:01Z by Moore
SushamaKulkarni
SushamaKulkarni
4 Posts

Pinned topic APMUI beta8 - migration and backup

‏2013-12-11T02:12:20Z |

I am going to install APMUI 7.7 beta 8. In order to ensure that the data from APMUI 7.7 beta 7 is backed up completely, I am going through the Chapter 8 Migration and backup to save customizations and changes in my existing beta7 installation.

Please confirm that following is a complete list of data to back up - so that I can import/restore it to new 7.7 beta8 installation, or is some step missing?

1) Export customization artifacts.

APMUI_home_s\SCR\XMLtoolkit\bin

tbsm_export.bat -U DB_user -P DB_password -all -d artifacts_Export_dir

2) Export resource and application structure data.

cd APMUI_home_s\SCR\XMLtoolkit\tools\ExportDatabaseTool\bin
export_data.bat -t Database_type -o structure_Export_dir -h Database_host
-p Database_port -n SCR -u DB_user -w DB_password

3) To export the UI settings to an archive file, on the command line, run the following commands.
APMUI_home\usr\servers\apmui\apps\customCfg
customData.bat -e -u APMUI_username -p APMUI_password -o APMUI_port -f SettingsArchivefile

(The user-defined UI settings refer to the user-configurable settings of applications, pages, and group widgets.)

4) Backup SmartCloud Application Performance Management UI and application repository which are using Derby

Run the following command to back up both databases.

APMUI_home\usr\servers\apmui\apps\customCfg

backupBothDB.bat -b

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Updated on 2013-12-11T19:08:29Z at 2013-12-11T19:08:29Z by SushamaKulkarni
  • Moore
    Moore
    6 Posts
    ACCEPTED ANSWER

回复:APMUI beta8 - migration and backup

‏2013-12-11T08:21:01Z  

Are you installing beta 7 and beta 8 on the same server? If so, you just need to do the last step. Migration is for moving data from one server to the other and backup/restore are actually for saving all data for furture reuse (installation refresh or disaster recovery). If not, you need to do the first 3 steps.

• Moore
    Moore
    6 Posts

回复:APMUI beta8 - migration and backup

‏2013-12-11T08:21:01Z  

Are you installing beta 7 and beta 8 on the same server? If so, you just need to do the last step. Migration is for moving data from one server to the other and backup/restore are actually for saving all data for furture reuse (installation refresh or disaster recovery). If not, you need to do the first 3 steps.